VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vegan farmer must be uplifted by the vegan people in order that the vegan people may be supplied with the necessities of life. Only through proper care of the soil, without resorting to exploitation of mammalian bodies and souls, can we feed ourselves without causing tremendous and unnecessary suffering.

The non-vegetarian will not move a finger to help the vegan farmer. The vegan farmer needs the support of other vegans. Vegans with business skills, vegans with real estate skills, vegans with mechanical ability, vegans with banking skills, vegans with marketing skills. All these are need to support a farm. Farming skill is not enough.

It doesn't matter whether all these skilled people live in a commune, or live in a more conventional manner, live with nuclear families, extended families, tribes, or live alone. What matter is that they get together to FEED themselves. One way or another. The form doesn't matter.

We are going to see the gradual demise of the both the factory farm, and the old fashioned far. The future is veganism. In this future, veganic farming will be a necessity, not a choice. Once we stop eating muscle tissue, we don't want to start slaughtering animals, just so we can have blood tissue and bone tissue to feed our food-plants. No, we must feed our food plants with other food plants, and until we get the population to stop growing, with the cleverness we have to convert water and air into food for plants. For while synthetic ammonia (NH3) today comes from air and fossil fuels, tomorrow it must come from air and water. Water (H2O)is a rich a source of hydrogen, as is as methane (CH4). But methane comes from fossil sources which are dwindling. Water is being rapidly recreated.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hi, Soilman. Good post.

I know you live in Long Island, but maybe you're familiar with The Farm? I think this is or was in Tennessee; they grow their own food and I'm pretty sure they're vegan... If you don't wish to or cannot move, they might serve as a model of what people in this area might want to do. I'm north of you, and at the moment relocation would be undesirable, but I'm not ruling it out for the future.

Edited to add: I read your "buying a farm" thread in this forum, and I don;t think The Farm is what you have in mind... I get the impression they're a commune of sorts and I got the impression from your other thread that you aren't necessarily interested in that. The Farm does sell some of their produce so they can have money to buy what they need but cannot produce themselves, though, so they might have some business experience of use to farmers such as yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts