VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AWWWWW MAN! I thought this thread was about THE Red Green Show.....you know, Possum Lodge, Harold, Adventures with Bill, Handyman's Corner.....that Red Green.

But instead, it's just about dots....<<pouts>>

<<<does possum salute all alone>>> Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati....<<sits down>>

I'm a man...

But I can change...

If I have to...

I guess.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

DeeYahMK: it got me as well when I first saw it. In any case... keep your stick on the ice
And if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I wonder how many other "Possum people" there are here....???

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YEESSS! The handyman's secret weapon!

(forgetting duct tape is like having a day without breathing - you just can't do it, so don't even try!)

WaHaaOOWa (my best Harold impersonation)

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right after the Possum Lodge Word Game! <insert cheers/banging on floor/wild applause>

They ran the episode last night about Winston wanting to adopt....OOH! Too funny....my sides are still sore from all the laughing! "...and if my wife is watching, I'll be coming straight home....no. Let me rephrase that. If my wife is watching, I'll be coming home straight. After the meeting".....ROTFLMAO!

Have you seen the Red Green Site itself? Alot of the people on the show have degrees or really advanced educations. They're not just comedians, they're brainiacks too.

Did you know that Bob Bainbrough was going to be a doctor, but went into acting instead? Lucky us. I mean, who else can play the owner of the "Everything Store?" and pull it of with finesse (and a really wild 'do)....

Or that Rick Green (Bill) has a B.Sc.? That's why he can do "Adventures with Bill" the way he does....

OOOOOOHHHH yea. The possum is awesome!

·
Registered
0 Posts
could someone help out with some linkage to the red green site?

oh, and those creations of his... absolutely nuts... best part is tho, that they actually work!

*looks around his room* yep.. got a roll of duct tape... what more do i need?

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.redgreen.com is the link to the Red Green Site and it's really great now. It's been re-done to look more like the show and they've revamped the cast section so you can read about the actor and the character they play.

Yep, AD if you have duct tape, you don't need anything else....except maybe a red and green plaid flannel with red and green suspenders.....

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Have you folks seen the episode where Red had a flat tire and no car jack... so he duct taped the spare tire to the outside of the flat tire? LOL... that was just too funny.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I think I did. I died laughing at that one. No one but Red Green would think about doing something like that, let alone actually do it...

Can you imagine if you were driving down the road and saw a spare duct taped to a flat?

·
Registered
0 Posts
that would be hilarious...

kinda reminds me of a story i head from one of my friends when they were on a trip with one of their classes in college... the trailer the van in front of them was pulling lost a wheel entirely... it rolled back, crossed the expressway (and median) and then came back.... finally coasted to a rest in the median... its kinda one of those 'you'd have to be there' things, but still its funny none the less...

and speaking of wheels... duct tape, and losing wheels... i'd much rather see someone with a spare duct-taped to a flat, than someone losing one of their rims... almost happened to me once... its really not fun...

*thinks* i dun think i have a roll of DT in my car... perhaps its time i added a roll...

...and remember... "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Ya know... Red green should have an official line of Duct Tape ..

I bet he'd make a fortune for the Duct Tape company

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well....In the movie "Duct Tape Forever", the duct tape competition is 'sponsored' by 3M and on the site itself, there's a link to the 3M Canada Scotch® Duct Tapes Company but yes, I agree. If there was a special red/green plaid tape or something like that, I bet people would snatch this stuff up like it's going out of style. It would also be cool to have an autograph from Red on the inside roll so it would be a "collector's item" along with a picture of Red on the top paper.

But then again, those that don't know the Red Green Show might think it was Bob Vila or someone like that....

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have one question though: how long has Ranger Gord been in that tower? The site says 16 years, but yet one of the shows say 18 years....

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I'd say go with the show's version. The text on the site might have been pre-written two years ago and just used verbatim. The site text is probably outdated.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.