VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the store today trying to find vitamins that don't contain fish.. So I asked the girl stocking the aisle for help. She goes over some of them, and goes "this one doesn't contain fish...they get their (some ingredient) from lanolin, which is nice" I was just like *Facepalm* So... anyone have any recommendations? XD

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Products labeled vegan do have to conform to vegan standards. If it were on the package that's saying the ingredients are from non animal sources.
I do agree with Deva. I have the tiny tablets which are so easy to take, and contain just the right amounts of everything,.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...s&sprefix=deva

I also use V-Omega DHA with Epa, and actually have felt more focused since starting it.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Why would you need a multivitamin when you eat a complete, healthy vegan diet?
(vit. B-12 supplementation aside)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Why would you need a multivitamin when you eat a complete, healthy vegan diet?
(vit. B-12 supplementation aside)
I unfortunatly, eat too much processed food. I am cooking clueless, and work 2nd shift... But I'm trying to change that, a little bit at a time.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_scholar View Post

I unfortunatly, eat too much processed food. I am cooking clueless, and work 2nd shift... But I'm trying to change that, a little bit at a time.
Ah, it happens! Yay for you for being responsible with your diet and health!

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Products labeled vegan do have to conform to vegan standards. If it were on the package that's saying the ingredients are from non animal sources.
I do agree with Deva. I have the tiny tablets which are so easy to take, and contain just the right amounts of everything,.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...s&sprefix=deva

I also use V-Omega DHA with Epa, and actually have felt more focused since starting it.
lol No, they don't.
'Vegan' isn't a monitored label definition, and they could slap it on a package of porter house steaks if they really wanted to.

For example, a peanut butter I was going to buy said 'vegan' and contained honey,

And a pill I was going to need (anti-biotic) was described as 'vegan' and contained gelatin.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
^ How about the vegan certified, vegan.org with the v in a heart? That's all vegan, right?
I'd throw such a fit if I ever read gelatin on anything labeled vegetarian, much less vegan!

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

^ How about the vegan certified, vegan.org with the v in a heart? That's all vegan, right?
I'd throw such a fit if I ever read gelatin on anything labeled vegetarian, much less vegan!
Oh yea, the V heart and leaping bunny and all that is good, but stores and manufactures cannot be trusted within an inch of their life,

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I have seen vitamins labeled vegetarian because of a veg capsule, but had fish.
It's pretty rare that I see vegan other than the "certified".

I bought a random cereal today that read all vegan, and when I got home I noticed the front READ vegan! Sooo happy! It was Peace cereal, and inexpensive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts