VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add your family member or person of concern to the prayer list during this time of uncertainty and we will pray for them.

Tim and Erin and the Ft Stewart group

The Aussie soldiers and their families

The Enoggera soldiers and their families (Shewolf's neighbors)

Nathan and his loved ones

Thomas and his family

All the US and UK troups and their families

Mr. Bush and his staff

Mr. Blair and his staff

Mr. Howard and his staff

Micheal Shane and Scott (brothers) and their family

Ron and Debbie

Mark and his son, Jordan and their family

Bill and his loved ones

Peace and protection for the In-Laws of EssenceOfMyPresence

Bill, Corri's friend

Onedia Husame and her family

The Bereaved

Josh

David

The missing

Chris and Myk

Kenny

Melvin

Shane & Autumn

Bonnie

Brian and Matt

Carlos

Soilman

Jesse

Skylark

Seadolphin

Jean's family

Ethan

MSRuthie and Her Mother

Courtney

As you tell me I will add them.

Feel free to add your own prayers on the thread. All expressions of faith are welcome. If you do not agree with prayer or expressions of faith, please do not enter them on this thread. I will meet you in debate and we will discuss our opinions there.

Thanks

Life

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lord God,

I come before you again today asking for miracles of time and speed, protection and safety, peace and rest, mercy and justice for all envolved in this war. Lord, only you hold the solution to this conflict in your hand. Lord God, I ask that you move swiftly on behalf of peace in Iraq. Bring our soldiers home safely and soon. I ask these things in the Name of Jesus.

Amen.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
This isn't a prayer or anything, but something I like. I once bought a bookmark with it on, and then at the funeral of a family friend it was printed on the 'thank you' (for attending) cards.

I hope it's okay to post it here.

Quote:
Footsteps.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

(Author Unknown)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
This isnt a pray or anything, but I think it says something.

Quote:
IF but some vengeful god would call to me

From up the sky, and laugh: Thou suffering thing,

Know that thy sorrow is my ecstasy,

That thy loves loss is my hates profiting!

Then would I bear, and clench myself, and die,

Steeled by the sense of ire unmerited;

Half-eased, too, that a Powerfuller than I

Had willed and meted me the tears I shed.

But not so. How arrives it joy lies slain,

And why unblooms the best hope ever sown?

Crass Casualty obstructs the sun and rain,

And dicing Time for gladness casts a moan.

These purblind Doomsters had as readily strown

Blisses about my pilgrimage as pain.
1866. by Thomas Hardy.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

Just curious: are you praying to the same invisible man as Usama?
Could we form a new thread for this discussion? The topic here is prayer requests.

As for your question, I'll veg mail you.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Pray for me... I have problems... one of them is spending too much time here and not enough living my real life.

Pray that I find a job for the summer, one that doesn't mind me leaving in September to study abroad in Spain.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thank you, Life, for starting this thread. I have been spending a lot of time in my prayer about what to do w/my life from here. I was recently laid off from my job, so after June I will be unemployed. Please pray that God will show me where He wants me & what he wants me to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pray for my teacher Jean's family, she recently passed away from breast cancer.

And pray for my brother Ethan, who has to get tubes put into his ears.

(Thanks for starting this thread, Life
)

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i was going to ask to be put on the list but after reading soilman's threads my problems just don't seem that bad. give my share to him please

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
aw thanks

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.