VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can't help but wonder at the mentality of people who do things like this. Is it that they were bored and just viewed the swan as nothing more than a moving target, or was this some sort of power trip? Did it make them feel powerful to hurt and then kill something so much weaker than themselves? It could be a little of both, but I'm guessing it was mostly the first one. When kids are in groups like this they tend to act crueler than usual because they're trying to impress one another. At least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What makes me the angriest is knowing that even if they're caught since they're minors they'll probably get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. They may be "young", but this is different than stealing a candy bar. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to do something like that.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
That's so sad. At least it's being taken seriously and they are actively looking for the teens so they can punish them.

I'm impressed by how serious the response is actually, and that other people tried to help the swan and hold her head up when they saw what happened. It doesn't make up for how horrible what those kids did was but at least its something, it's certainly better than if the police responded by saying it was "just a swan" or something.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

That's so sad. At least it's being taken seriously and they are actively looking for the teens so they can punish them.

I'm impressed by how serious the response is actually, and that other people tried to help the swan and hold her head up when they saw what happened. It doesn't make up for how horrible what those kids did was but at least its something, it's certainly better than if the police responded by saying it was "just a swan" or something.
I totally agree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts