VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It's stories like this that keep me going; stories that remind me that we don't live in a world full of soulless, animal-murdering humans. Instead, we live in a world with a broken system, and every day people are changing the way they think. Eventually, hopefully, so many people will change their way of thinking that the system has to change. I desperately have to believe this, or every vegan choice I make is for nothing. Stories like this help.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
This story made me teary-eyed. :') I am glad that there are people like this in the world. I wonder how many people feel trapped like this pig farmer did?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Vegan Chick, I still love you..... And you aint so weird.

Guilt is the heaviest load you can carry. Lots of things that are OK by societal standards create guilt in the individual. It takes many of us a long time to get some framework on who we are. Society says a man is this and a woman is that. But, we might not be this or that. Trying to conform is a terrible place to live. Many people are doing things they don't want to do.

I am a veteran and I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

I have a special place in my heart for veterans. There is a special bond among vets. Many of them were very young when they were drafted and sent to fight in Vietnam. Many of them are scarred. They were placed in a situation that required them to see and do things no person should see or do, just like a lot of police officers and a few fire fighters. Now we have this current situation creating a whole new group of young people who will have a lifetime of baggage to carry. I love em. I get them.

Most people are decent people. I really felt for this farmer, especially since I live in BBQ country. If you are born into that culture, and become enlightened to the truth, life can be painful. As vegans/vegetarians we should also, in my opinion, bring peace and enlightenment into the world. In my view it requires siding with the victim, the downtrodden, the helpless. Calling an abuser an abuser and a criminal a criminal. But, paying attention to all of the evidence and making a logical, calm decision before acting. And, being willing and open to new evidence.

Thanks again vegan Chick..

·
Registered
78 Posts
That was touching. I could not imagine feeling that trapped in a lifestyle that you hated so much that you had to live in a constant state of mental repression. Good for him breaking free like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts