VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is for people who are addicted to peanut butter (like me).
Discuss favourite brands, what you use it for, recipes, anything else related to peanut butter.

So, I use peanut butter for many things, such as banana whip topping, toast, to eat with chocolate, and sometimes I just get a spoon and eat it right out of the container

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
My favorites are the plain kinds, just peanuts and salt. Usually I get trader joe's, sometimes kroger. Always crunchy and SALTED. None of that weird unsalted crap, or the boring smooth. I eat it on toast, sometimes with some earth balance too. Also in many other things. My favorite dessert is peanut butter balls (buckeyes to some).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I forgot, my mom sometimes makes these cookies with peanut butter, chow mein noodles, and butterscotch chips, called peanut butter haystacks, so good

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Whole Earth crunchy (unsalted) PB on Nairn's Oat Cakes. My favourite midmorning snack when at work.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Oh My Gobstopper, another thread about peanut butter??!! J/K!

I love it, creamy or crunchy, depending on my mood. I totally eat the creamy out of the jar, especially at work when I need a little pick-me-up. Sadly, I need it to be salted, at the very least. And I prefer the sweetened kind, although I can do without it if I have the salt.
I like plain old peanut butter and jelly sammiches. Sometimes I'll add a banana. Can't say I do too much else with it, though, unless I'm making a chocolate protein shake. Banana and PB added to that is awesome.

And how about the other butters? Unless this is strictly for PB. (I love almond and cashew butter, too!)

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

My favorites are the plain kinds, just peanuts and salt. Usually I get trader joe's, sometimes kroger. Always crunchy and SALTED. None of that weird unsalted crap, or the boring smooth. I eat it on toast, sometimes with some earth balance too. Also in many other things. My favorite dessert is peanut butter balls (buckeyes to some).
We used to make pb balls around the holidays...so good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Oh, I forgot, my mom sometimes makes these cookies with peanut butter, chow mein noodles, and butterscotch chips, called peanut butter haystacks, so good
These sound really good!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am a fan of all nut butters. I usually go unsalted with my PB. If I am making sandwiches I usually prefer smooth, but for everything else, like my morning hot cereal, it's crunchy all the way. I made an African peanut butter soup a few years ago that was really yummy. I need to do that again...

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

Whole Earth crunchy (unsalted) PB
I just ordered some of that in my shopping.

I like having PB on crackers or on toast. Having it in a wholemeal sandwich with sliced banana is good too. I only eat it about once a week though.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

We used to make pb balls around the holidays...so good!!
That's when we make them too! I would more often but that probably wouldn't be good for my health.
Also, I think part of why they're special is that they only come around once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

I made an African peanut butter soup a few years ago that was really yummy. I need to do that again...
Yes, I've made something similar. So great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

the store we shop at (Winco) has a machine you can get fresh ground peanut butter out of, and its cheaper than the usual brands. this is the best peanut butter i've ever had.

this is one of my favorite sweet treats with peanut butter: http://hibbardkitchen.blogspot.com/2...-buckeyes.html
That looks like my recipe too.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
I like Krema because the only ingrediant is peanuts.
The oil is on top, but it's spreadable without it, so I save the oil for stir frys.
Cheap at my discount store.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I just like it on toast or on it's own. CRUNCHY!

I always overdo it with peanut butter, and then can't eat it again for a few months because it makes me feel sick.

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Quote:
cookies with peanut butter, chow mein noodles, and butterscotch chips, called peanut butter haystacks
I grew up on those except with chocolate chips. Every Christmas my Grandma would make big tins of cookies, and these were my favorites. Except we didn't call them haystacks. I only recently learned that's what most people call them. In my family the were Ho Chi Minh cookies. I don't know why.

Throw PB on a bagel with alfalfa sprouts and I'm in heaven. I'm also pretty fond of any African-like dish that uses PB. Like groundnut soup.

Any combination of PB+chile or chocolate is good. Even over green beans. Not usually a green bean fan.

I pick up any brand that has just the 3 basic ingredients (peanuts,salt,oil).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to make peanut butter cupcakes, I should see if I have all the ingredients for them.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
The Peanut Butter Thread!

Shouldn't this be called, The Peanut Butter Spread?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I love pb on banana. Always smooth. I've only recently become a pb fan though, I never used to like it except as pb cookies.

·
Registered
126 Posts
haha this sounds so simple but I love as just a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! It also has to do with the nostalgia (I associate it with childhood memories). Unfortunately, whenever I mention PB&J sandwiches, a friend of mine keeps mentioning about how her grandma told her that only poor people eat PB&J sandwiches -_-

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

When I was younger I would melt some pb in a cup in the microwave then pour it over a bowl of cold ice cream
Ooooo...add some melted chocolate to that and I'm there! lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts