VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nominations list from Yahoo! News:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070123/...minations_list

I have some time off work this week, so I'm headed out to see a few more of the listed films..especially looking forward to Last King of Scotland

I wasn't too surprised to see Little Miss Sunshine for Best Picture, after the PG picked it as their top film, but I was delighted nonetheless.

I WAS surprised to see the Borat screenplay nominated..very up PC for the Oscar crowd.

Looking forward to Dreamgirls in a few days too.

(curse this stupid rule about films opening later here)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I have some time off work this week, so I'm headed out to see a few more of the listed films.[/I]
[cynical]

And isn't that exactly what the Oscar$ are all about?

[/cynical]

I haven't seen a single one of the movies that was nominated for best picture. And I'm cool with it.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

[cynical]

[/cynical]

I haven't seen a single one of the movies that was nominated for best picture. And I'm cool with it.
You poor, deprived creature.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Ellen Degeneres will be hosting the show this year.

I'm not a fan.
Now, see, I generally like her. I might tune in for a few minutes to see her. Only if I happen to be around when someone else has it on, that is. I could hardly care less about the Oscars otherwise.

Awards shows in general:

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I Love Ellen D....I watch the Oscars if there's nothing else on....I like to look at all the beautiful people! I don't care who wins.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

You poor, deprived creature.
Hey, I saw Borat. Seriously, why would I need to see another movie in 2006 after that? I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment

·
Registered
680 Posts
Babel was the feel-good movie of the year!

Okay, maybe not, but it was a very good movie.

Quote:

Hey, I saw Borat. Seriously, why would I need to see another movie in 2006 after that? I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment
See, he's just playing on your love of SBC there Amy.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

[cynical]

[/cynical]

Heh. Perhaps for some executive. However, the American public often votes (with their wallets) to annoint other, non-nominated films as "best picture".

I love em all (well, save films starring ex-SNL cast members)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts