VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally October! I can start gushing about how much I love Halloween now!

The leaves are changing colours, the air is crisp, everything is pumpkin flavoured and there are ghosts and ghouls and creepy things everywhere! :smitten:

This is the thread to share recipes, spooky decorating tips, your costume plans, party plans, trick or treating, your favourite horror movies and shows. Anything and everything about Halloween!

Here are a few helpful articles for people who need ideas for trick or treaters or parties:

10 Affordable Vegan Halloween Treats for Trick-or-Treat Fun

Vegan Candy Corn Sugar Cookies for Halloween

Vegan Cupcakes for Halloween - Fun Halloween Cupcakes!

75 Vegan Halloween Treats for Trick or Treaters

What are you doing for Halloween this year? >:D

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
Ooh I love Halloween :D

For me as a pagan it's the most important holiday of the year, so I usually celebrate quite intensely. I do a ritual in the evening and celeberate throughout the day with a nice day out for myself and some good food.

Because it's our New year's eve I drink apple cider :)

And what I am planning aside from that this year is:

Goat's cheese and roasted pumpkin pasta for the main meal
Gluten free chilli brownies
Chocolate dipped marshmallows
Gluten free apple turnovers

Can't wait! Yum :D

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
This Halloween were going to Don Giovanni then a masquerade party, I am ridiculously excited. It's my faaaavorite holiday.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm having a Halloween party on the 18th and I've been drooling over possible food ideas. Here's a few I've found:

Peanut Butter Spiders: http://plantbasedonabudget.com/recipe/peanut-butter-spiders/

Halloween fruit, fun idea for kids or adults!

Vegan, Gluten Free Halloween Oreos: http://www.forkandbeans.com/2014/10/02/halloween-oreos/

Bride of Frankenstein Dip: http://www.forkandbeans.com/2014/09/07/bride-frankenstein-dip/

I want to make them all but I have to keep it simple. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I think I missed most all of the Halloween parties... :( I'll just have to console myself with a bag of airheads, chick o stick, Swedish fish, and dandies marshmallows...

I did manage to bake an awesome butternut squash, hazelnut, navy bean cassarole topped with breadcrumbs and sage... That was pretty festive.

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
Zombie Walk last week, dressing up at the office and going out on Friday. Gotta fit in as many costume-related events as possible. For some odd reason, it hadn't occurred to me to make a Halloween dinner like I usually do. hmmm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got some vegan candies from Whole Foods for myself and some pop chips and oreos for this little party I'm having with two of my friends and we are gonna have pizza (cheeseless thin and crispy pizza hut) and then go trick or treating and come back! I'm gonna give almost all my candy I get to them unless I get something vegan and yummy :)
I'm excited! And that orange fruit bowl jack o lantern is ADORABLE!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got some vegan candies from Whole Foods for myself and some pop chips and oreos for this little party I'm having with two of my friends and we are gonna have pizza (cheeseless thin and crispy pizza hut) and then go trick or treating and come back! I'm gonna give almost all my candy I get to them unless I get something vegan and yummy :)
I'm excited! And that orange fruit bowl jack o lantern is ADORABLE!
That's awesome, sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun! :D

Also, here's another cool link I just found:

13 Frightfully Festive Halloween Foods

Reactions: Purp

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread has been great to read. Our town is doing trick or treating Nov1(today).
It has been pretty exciting this Halloween season. My 4 year old has Autism and is verbally delayed, and this is the first year he has been very aware of Halloween and can say "trick or treat"!

I'm making him the above French toast this morning he will love seeing them ( hope he will eat them). Just wanted to say thanks for all the good ideas.

·
Bracing for snow
489 Posts
We rarely get many Trick or Treaters here. Not like when I was a kid. Back then the neighborhood was crawling with kids. 5-6 at EVERY door ALL the time. These days we seem to average 12-15 kids for the whole night, but last night was a new low. We had 3! Yes, three little kids was all our neighborhood could manage. It's entering the "Why bother?" zone. <sigh>

Sign of the times, I suppose...

Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts