VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friends and I became very lazy over the last few months and I decided to have a NO EXERCISE ADDICTION INTERVENTION

We are starting on Monday getting back on the wagon.

WHO ON VB is with us?

I will def need some motivation and guidance getting back into the swing of things. and tips

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
sure, I'm on.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I'm sure once you get going again you'll be fine. It's just those first couple of times that are tough, then you get back in the swing of things. In my experience at least.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is trying to eat "enough" to sustain energy to get fit. I get to a certain level then BOOM! can't maintain cause can't eat enough. I am use to small meals.

Think I should drink an energy drink or something during training as I dont need to lose weight.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I have that problem sometimes. Stick some flax seed and protein powder in your smoothies, that'll add calories and you won't even notice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 1 of going back to gym for me.

going straight after work - going to do some orbitrek (which I love) and treadmil and then the dreadful rowing machine..

Got some energy drink in the fridge, some ATB on my IPOD and ready to go.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow glad someone is doing it with me... I know today is going to be hard.. esp since I am going after work and usually go in the morning...

but i am determined to get fit again.

WE CAN DO IT - AIRYFAIRY... WE ARE WINNERS :O)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am ALL FOR YOU.

Once upon a time I was a carbed out, veged out vegetarian and gained 40 lbs. (long story about adopting malnourished kids and eating right along with them.)

One day, I realized I had a responsibility to my kids to keep "the machine" going and put down the ice cream spoon and picked up a pair of Asics.

Even thought I have the metabolism of Aunt Bea (think Andy Griffith), I peeled off the pounds until I was a size zero and fight the war every day...running, surfing, cycling...

If my fat-sugar-soda-carb-loving soul can do it, so can you!

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi SuferGirl

Thanks for the inspiration... LOVE IT... Also find that the outdoors work better for me now then closed up gym.

Last night I took my dog Ozzy for a run / walk to the park and back. WOW how unfit am I? Decided to ditch the gym. His such an energetic boy but we did well even dragged my husband with.

This morning I tackled my bikini work out Womens Health Dvd... upper body, lower body and some cardio...

FEELING FANTASTIC.

Will take Ozzy out for another walk after work.

Found the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack so uploading to IPOD as I type.

I am pretty good with my eating - lost 3kg's just from going vegetarian. My states at the moment is height 1.52 and weight about 47kg. So I just want to relax enjoy the finer things in life like not obsessing about food. Having that dessert or glass of good wine if I feel like it.

Most of all I just want to get toned and fit... Muscle tone stronger and mind focused.

Trying to do something each day.

I just finished my peanutbutter roll and cup of coffee.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
My advice: Buy a calendar and check off the days when you exercise. There's something about having the visual reminder of how often you've been lazy (blank days).

I'm on day 66 of my own Exercise Streak.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good idea thanks, I think I must just begin slow I am already trying to do too much too fast and that always ends in burn out. Just trying to find that balance

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I need to join in on this - I've been way too lazy for a few months now.

My company just put in a small gym in our office, so I need to start bringing workout clothes to work with me, to exercise before I go home in the evening. Or I can go outside, as it stays light later this time of year. I have a few options - I just don't do anything about them.

--Fromper

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ugghh. Exercise does not sound good right now, I am still sore from my last workout, I am not used to working out so I didn't know how important it is to stretch before you workout.
but after I recover
I am totally with you.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jump on the wagon Fromper - how convenient to have gym at work...

Veggie-Head1819 I can't lift my arms this morning... HA HA that from mini work out with 2kg weights yesterday morning.

I will be hitting the gym from next week in the mornings as its winter here now and not always easy to get up out of bed to go to lounge to do work out.

When it doesnt rain after work will take my dog for a fast run / walk.

BUT yah also need to recover now first.

Legs are fine.... Arms not.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

Good idea thanks, I think I must just begin slow I am already trying to do too much too fast and that always ends in burn out. Just trying to find that balance
I think that's really smart. My only two goals (for the past two months) have been to walk for 10 minutes a day, and track the foods I eat. Keeping it EASY has helped me stick with it, and so far I'm down 16 pounds. I also reward myself every 30 consecutive days of meeting my (easy) goals.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I keep thinking of trying out the youfit gym near me. I can walk there in five minutes. It is only 10 a month and no contract. I just do not like working out in front of people and no clue how to use the equipment. I feel like I look stupid. I could work out at home for free I just get so lazy.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I need to get back into exercise. I ahve been pretty good, I had about 4 months off while I travelled over summer. And then when I got back we had a few distractions in our life (read: large quake destroys city) so it took me a while, but eventually I entered the local half marathon so that I would have to train!!!
2 weekends ago I did it and smashed my personal best half time by 18 minutes!!!! woohoo. Now I just need to keep up my fitness over the cold winter months. Finding it difficult already. Normally I would have a gym, but due to previously mentioend destroyed city there are no gyms in my half of the city and the ones on the other side are mostly not taking new members as they are full.... sigh. Thanks mother nature. Will have to make the extra effort to run outside over our lovely bumpy roads.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I keep thinking of trying out the youfit gym near me. I can walk there in five minutes. It is only 10 a month and no contract. I just do not like working out in front of people and no clue how to use the equipment. I feel like I look stupid. I could work out at home for free I just get so lazy.
Most gyms offer free intro sessions....... where they show you how to use equipment etc and some will even give you an exercise routine tailored to what you want. Maybe that would help? Once you know what you are doing I don't think you will worry so much about people looking. I know I don't care anymore, most people are just there to do exercise, only some people are there to look good in front of others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.