VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I watched The Nine at the 10pm last night, not because I really wanted to, but because it was on after Lost, the batteries on my remote were dead, and I'm just that lazy.

Plus the commercial during Lost said it was the most anticipated new show of the season and who am I to argue with unsubstantiated marketing claims? I decided, if ABC said it, it must be true. Why would they lie about their own show?

Also I really like Lost and I figured if one guy from Party of Five can make a successful turn as a doctor in a show that airs on ABC Wednesday nights in prime time then they all can.

In this case it was the Leprechaun-esque Tom Cruise guy from Party of Five-a show I tried to watch once but had to switch off when I heard that little alien girl's voice. You know the one. She sounds like the midget from Poltergeist only about 32% more grating.

Anyway, some pretty effed up frak went down in a bank, I guess. They kind of skipped over 52 hours of material in one commercial break. I'm sure from the writer's point of view this makes it mysterious. From my point of view it was kind of annoying because it'll mean an entire season of flashbacks.

Anyway, nine people were shocked by this experience and brought together, including the principal from Boston Public on Rogaine, The Fugitive, and Doctor Phlox.

After whatever went down in the bank went down this one chick is eating bacon and eggs in her apartment and the Tom Cruise Mini Me Party of Five dude says to her while she's chomping a piece of nice crispy bacon: "What are you doing? You're a vegetarian."

Her reply went along the lines of a wistful: "I just wanted bacon."

The Nine - you're on notice!!!

(Not really. I'm cool with flexitarianism. It ain't no thang.)

So, um, did anyone else see this show? Thoughts? Opinions? Cancelled after three episodes?

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i watched the first three minutes of the show, was bored, and turned it off. my DH and i went for a two mile walk and then had a great talk before passing out.

i watched lost last nite and was disappointed. i got bored mid-way through last season (too many questions, not enough answers) and i hoped that the season opener would provide a few more answers and not more questions. Since they didn't--in fact there were more questions than answers in this show too--it doesn't bode well for me maintaining interest.

right now, i'm down to two shows a week: amazing race and lost. but, i don't get into the amazing race until the last few episodes--when there are fewer than 6 groups running around--and i don't watch it consistantly. and Lost, well, it might just get lost.

i'm finding most new shows this season boring. I had hopes for Jerico, but it was dull both weeks. so, i'm thinking i might be going TV free in no time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The off BBC and US versions are great. You should watch that and get the DVDs of the BBC Office.

Other shows I enjoy, if you are interested for any reasons, are Scrubs and House. I know this is off topic but since you are down to basically no shows I thought I would throw those around.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
scrubs and my name is earl are funny. but i haven't seen them 'on' yet. maybe tonite?

anyway, i guess i might be down to three shows--because i like earl a lot--but i'm not watching the NINE again. LOL

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Ahem.

THE NINE!

Focus people.
I could never count that high so I didn't watch it or even know of it's existance. But I am optimistic about The Ten.

I usually have my DVR tape SciFi-y shows like the Stargates. I've been watching Eureka, which is not without it's charms. I also watched the first 2 episode of Heroes and am still waiting for the plot. But I'm not expecting much. I fully suspect that we have already hit "Peak Plot" and the discovery of new plots will decrease exponentially.

~Wonder

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was also suckered into giving The Nine a try - after ABC saying it was so anticipated I thought maybe for once I'd see the hot new show from the very beginning and brag about how *I* knew this was the best show long before anyone else. Plus I loved Party of Five and Charlie and Bailey on back to back was such a treat.

After the first few minutes I decided to clean out my underwear/sock drawer since it was off to a slow start. And then next thing I knew my drawer was clean, the show was over and I hadn't paid it any attention. My old socks and underwear were more exciting than this show.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I was half-watching it, cuz I was playin around on my computer. I did catch that vegetarian/bacon part. I thought: "someone'll post about that on VB."

I hate shows/movies that are all flashbacks.

And Scott Wolf was always the hot one. Maybe it's cuz I'm irish...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

I thought: "someone'll post about that on VB."
I live to serve.

A wise man once said: "You give me ten movies told in flashbacks and I'll show you ten of the most boring movies ever made."

I think by "ten" he meant "The Nine".

Cheers!

TJ

PS. Stargate Altantis > Stargate X 1000000

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:

PS. Stargate Altantis > Stargate X 1000000
The movie, yes, the series, no.

Carter's nerdy hot and I <3 Claudia Black. Atlantis is "Oh noes!! It's da vampires!! Let's shoot them with our guns!!!" But it's still better than network TV. I just hope they find a better bad guy without ripping off SG1. So to sum it all up, you're crazy.

~Wonder

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Put Desperate Housewives on your list, too.

Susan went out to dinner this week with the new guy who likes her and ordered lobster bisque and "the veal"....I was really shocked. I don't know anyone who would order veal in RL anymore.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Put Desperate Housewives on your list, too.

Susan went out to dinner this week with the new guy who likes her and ordered lobster bisque and "the veal"....I was really shocked. I don't know anyone who would order veal in RL anymore.
Eeek... I actually like that show, but I was really ticked off to hear veal mentioned on the show.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wonder View Post

The movie, yes, the series, no.

Carter's nerdy hot and I <3 Claudia Black. Atlantis is "Oh noes!! It's da vampires!! Let's shoot them with our guns!!!" But it's still better than network TV. I just hope they find a better bad guy without ripping off SG1. So to sum it all up, you're crazy.

~Wonder
SG1 was better when O'Neill was more often involved. The new guy sucks, and the episodes with Ori just got so boring I didn't stay up for it anymore.

Atlantis had nothing on old SG1 but the new stuff sucks so much I'd rather be watching them fight Wraith.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

First eight Stargate SG1 seasons, all the way....
I must've been watching it wrong or something. Dreadful is the word to describe as many as twenty episodes I struggled through.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, the only episodes I enjoyed were the ones with Garry Chalk in them. Otherwise it was like watching the Atlantic ocean evaporate.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:

Oh, the only episodes I enjoyed were the ones with Garry Chalk in them. Otherwise it was like watching the Atlantic ocean evaporate.
You're crazy.

And anyways, what can happen when the Atlantic Ocean evaporates? Hurricanes.

Stop being crazy. You wish you were as cool as SG1, even though it's filmed in Canadia.

~Wonder

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.