VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new silk fruit and protein blends? I have tried the mixed Berry and the strawberry and bananna, I have yet to try the mango one, I have this with my dried cherrios each morning or a few mornings.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I got some of the berry mix as I had a coupon. It is pretty good. I have frozen a glass to make a smoothie with it. I think it will make nice smoothies.

It is too expensive without a coupon however so I probably won't buy it on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We only get it at walmart, can't find it at our kroger's yet, I don't remember how much they are because I just pick up two of them .

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

I got some of the berry mix as I had a coupon. It is pretty good. I have frozen a glass to make a smoothie with it. I think it will make nice smoothies.

It is too expensive without a coupon however so I probably won't buy it on a regular basis.
Yeah the price is ridiculous when not on sale or without coupons. I lucked out and got 3 free with coupons and also have more coupons for it! I got two mango/peach flavors and one strawberry/nanner . I can't find the berry mix anywhere. I've only tried the mango so far . It's really good , sweet, and has a very strong rich bold flavor which I can appreciate. I'm glad it doesn't taste like regular soymilk with a light mango/peach flavor.

Were you successful in freezing it? That didn't even cross my mind because of I've had issues with all milks separating when frozen. They get all funky , chunky, and nasty it seems.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like it but it is very high in WW P+ because of all the sugar. Not worth the amount of PointsPlus in a glass.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never thought freezing it for a frozen treat, might try it, i have cups that I put stuff in to free if I want something frozen.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
not a fan.....I tried this and it had a funky taste and wont be buying this again.

peace

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I tried the berry one only because of the coupon.
It's too expensive to buy in a quart carton for home-and not special.
BUT, I would love to see something like this in say, 16 oz. bottles. I'd pay $1.50 for one if I was out.
Then again, why can't you buy reg silk-reg or chocolate?

It tasted just like my last smoothie made with soymilk, soy yogurt, and berries. Mine was better.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I found it did freeze just fine. I put the frozen drink in the blender with some fresh strawberries and it was yummy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts