VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, long time no post. John Here, CEO of Annie's...

We sponsored a new video called The Mouth Revolution, working with Free Range Studies, same group that did The Meatrix and Store Wars.

Our contribution to the cause to raise awareness about healthier eating alternatives across the world. It is edgy and funny, hope you like it. If you do, please pass on to others of similar mind!

Regards

John

To see the video, go to

www.mouthrevolution.com

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Too funny. Hopefully some folks will giggle at the "Million Mouth March" but hear the message behind the 4 resolutions.

Is Annie's part of FF now?

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Ahh.. Annie's Mac and Cheese... boy do I miss that. Seriously need a dairy-free version of the bunny.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
That is awesome!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HeyJen, Yes Fantastic Foods is part of the same company, Homegrown Naturals, that owns Annie's Mac& Cheese and Annie's salad dressings.All one happy family.

So happy you like the video! My favorite part is the take-down of the fast food burger sign...

If we could make a great tasting vegan mac and cheese, believe me we would!

John

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boquist1 View Post

John
Please tell me your R & D team is working on it

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I think if one really cared about the environment they wouldn't be producing and promoting the products of cows, who are contributing more to global warming than cars. And why would I care about "healthier eating alternatives" for the masses relative to things like "additives?" That's the realm of personal choice. Do the people at Annie's know how cows are treated for dairy?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Irizary, thanks for the post and please let me respond:

- Judging from the tone, I am sure I could never get you to agree, but I can assure you that one can "care about the environment" AND produce and promote products that have cheese in them. Annie's is a very socially responsible company, we have many programs focused on sustainability, we source from small family oriented farms that practice sustainable agricultural practices, etc, etc. Look for yourself (www.annies.com). We are one of the largest buyers of organic cheese and organic durham semolina wheat in the US. We have transitioned thousands and thousands of acres of upper plains wheat ground from pesticide centric farming methods to sustainable organic agriculture. In short, we do know a little about this subject, and we do care about the environment.

- If the general population had any idea how much additives they put into their bodies every year, they would be well, frightened. The long term health efffects of this are not known, but let's just say it is not likely that it would be a "good" thing. Transfats are a huge probleem that is well documented. Sure people have personal choice, no taking that away it is a free ccountry. We just want them to know that there is indeed another choice that can empower their own health.

Do not want to turrn this into a thread on the age old vegetarian vs vegan culture clash, that is not really the point, but did want to make the point that Annie's is one of the good guys.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:

John
Amy's frozen mac & soy cheeze is pretty damn good. Granted it's got casein.. but try to copy that :p

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:

Do not want to turrn this into a thread on the age old vegetarian vs vegan culture clash, that is not really the point, but did want to make the point that Annie's is one of the good guys.
Yes, obviously you are unwilling to enage any discussion at all about the "veg vs. vegan culture clash" because you know darn well that the "clash" is not about human culture but about ethics. Ethics which you cannot defend honestly to a group of people who care at all about farmed animals. Let's be honest here: Annie's is *not* a good guy from the point of view of cows who have their babies stolen from them and who end up brutally murdered as a direct result of your desire to make money off their exploitation by pimping their breastmilk. Slaughter is a necessary part of the dairy industry and that's just a fact, no matter how conveniently it is sidestepped by companies like yours in the name of profitability.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
MOD POST: This is NOT the place to argue about whether or not anyone's use of dairy is humane. If you'd like to debate it, take it to the heap. The OP requested this not become a war, please respect that.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Quote:

I am sure I could never get you to agree, but I can assure you that one can "care about the environment" AND produce and promote products that have cheese in them. Annie's is a very socially responsible company, we have many programs focused on sustainability, we source from small family oriented farms that practice sustainable agricultural practices, etc, etc.
I think Irizary's point is that if Annies really did hold social responsibility paramount then there is no way you would provide dairy based food. It is a mixed message to hear that Annies cares for the environment, sustainability, and agricultural practices.... but not enough to stop using dairy.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

I think Irizary's point is that if Annies really did hold social responsibility paramount then there is no way you would provide dairy based food. It is a mixed message to hear that Annies cares for the environment, sustainability, and agricultural practices.... but not enough to stop using dairy.
ANOTHER Mod Note:

Again.. this is NOT the place to discuss this. If you'd like to, take it to the heap. No good will come from leading this thread down this path.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.