VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else find the above statement to be callous and out of place on a vegetarian/vegan messageboard?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I think there are two possible reasons for such comments:

1) people have a childish desire to "get back" at those they disagree with by harming outsiders (in this case animals): "look what you made me do! I bet you feel bad now since you made me want to harm animals!!11",

and/or

2) people are so non-individualistic (conformist?) that they base such a central practice as what they eat on what others do: how other people behave affects the way they want to eat. Their reason for veg*nism has more to do with belonging to a group than anything else.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
The more Amnesty International activists I see eating meat, the more I feel like beating up kids. NOT

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post

Is it just me or does anyone else find the above statement to be callous and out of place on a vegetarian/vegan messageboard?
Interesting statement but not callous

Are they certain vegetarian/vegan ,groups , do they have a believe structures , personality types or just veg/vegan in general,

·
Registered
0 Posts
I say to that person "then go eat a cheeseburger then and stop bothering me". If they can look at themselves in the mirror, going back after being gaining knowledge to the depth that most veg's do, well then I really don't want to know that person anyhow

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I think there are two possible reasons for such comments:

1) people have a childish desire to "get back" at those they disagree with by harming outsiders (in this case animals): "look what you made me do! I bet you feel bad now since you made me want to harm animals!!11",

and/or

2) people are so non-individualistic (conformist?) that they base such a central practice as what they eat on what others do: how other people behave affects the way they want to eat. Their reason for veg*nism has more to do with belonging to a group than anything else.
I agree with everything you posted but I should have clarified.

That statement is someone's sig,someone that posts here.

Why is that acceptable on this board??

Quite frankly,it's bullsh*t.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
this statement doesn't bother me in the least.

why? because there are too many problems with it as an argument for me to take it seriously. If anyone I knew ever used it as a real "argument" I would probably find it hard to take them seriously, too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...especially after watching a video titled 'Sad Reality' on youtube that I came across late last night.It's heartbreaking and sadistic.

I came here to get away from that mentality and ended up seeing that stupid out of place sig.I knew I shouldn't have clicked on the egg thread.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

this statement doesn't bother me in the least.

why? because there are too many problems with it as an argument for me to take it seriously. If anyone I knew ever used it as a real "argument" I would probably find it hard to take them seriously, too.
If someone said this to me in real life I would walk away and not bother because they are obviously a cruel idiot.However.Someone who has this in their sig and posts here paints this board in a negative light,there's no denying it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am thinking whoever has the quote in their sig, is being sarcastic and using it in a joking way because its such an idiotic statement.

why don't you pm them and ask them why they chose that sig? im sure there is no malice behind it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Or contact a mod, instead of trying to get a virtual lynch mob together. I've seen a few "anti" veg quotes used as sigs for humorous or sarcastic effect.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Speaking of signatures, I noticed Medesha has a very cool sig

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

so its just an ironic statement ....nutting wrong with that
Usually even ironic statements make sense in their own way.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
As long as it is a vegan cheeseburger.

Vegan burger

Vegan cheese

Veganaze

Ketchup

Mustard

Onion

Relish

Tomato

Lettuce

Salt

Pepper

Vegan bread (toasted)

Wha=t did forget?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post

Or contact a mod, instead of trying to get a virtual lynch mob together. I've seen a few "anti" veg quotes used as sigs for humorous or sarcastic effect.
Thank you, Medesha.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I already have a vegan lynch mob and I don't need extras at this time.All I wanted was input.Thank you.

I will contact a mod.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.