VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello VB. I'm a new to forums all together. I've been a vegetarian for about a year now. Considering moving on to veganism soon. I would be vegan already but its hard to give up cheese lol.
Anyway since this is my first major post I'd like to share vid I stumbled upon this morning. It's pretty funny, a little childish but still fun.

Welcome to the Meatrix- take the red pill

http://www.themeatrix.com/

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Site wouldn't let me embed the vid. The link will re direct you to the website where you will find the vid. Its pretty entertaining. Only like 3 minutes long and it's animated

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Wait a second, wtf? Your video is pro meat? It says "omg we need to get family farms back". So I guess report to a mod?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Correa,

I have seen the meatrix it is ok, but the overall message is pro sustainable family farming which is not one I share. At least it gets some of the issues out there though!

Welcome to VB!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well now that we've given Correaman a warm welcome, why don't you look around this site. My favorite thread is "Stupid Thing Omnivores Say" It's good for venting frustrations and getting a laugh.
I hope you continue your veg*nism!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Hi and welcome to VB, correaman13! Well done going vegetarian, and kudos for considering veganism.
I think I recognise the dude in your avatar, I think we met at a party once back in the 70s

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome, correaman13.
Cheese was one of the big things that kept me vegetarian for a long time, that made veganism seem unappealing. I can't guarantee it will have the same effect on you, but for me, watching Earthlings took care of that. Seeing what happens to the animals, including dairy cows, calves, and laying hens, took care of any craving I could ever have for these vegetarian animal products. I can honestly say I've never been tempted to consume these products since.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Wait a second, wtf? Your video is pro meat? It says "omg we need to get family farms back". So I guess report to a mod?
Nah.
It has more to do with the fact that most meat-eaters think the happy-sunshine-flowers family farm is where all their food comes from. That's why so many people stop eating meat when they learn the truth about where meat comes from. The Meatrix is about seeing the truth, instead of the idea of happy smiling cows and chicken on happy farms like we were taught in kindergarten.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh, so sorry!
Hi Correaman13!!!
Welcome!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Man, that video is oooold. I watched that when I got into vegetarianism... 8 years ago.... when the Matrix was relevant XD

In any case, I do agree with the message of the video. While I can't ethically condone eating animals, I acknowledge that family farms are a lesser or the two evils. Not only in regards to suffering, but they have much less of a detrimental impact, ecologically. Our usable land is quickly vanishing, due to resource-intensive factory farming.
Family farms aren't necessarily "good"... but they're not terrible. I know a lot of veg*ns aren't comfortable with that position, but I stand by it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts