VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leaves on my pepper plants have grown really really small :S They look totally normal and are a good healthy looking green but they are really packet tight to the branches of the plant and are really really small. I have 2x pepper plants and they are both doing the same thing. They get really good light and I water them regularly. Should i get some fertalizer? Whay would they be going all small and weird? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

What variety of chili? Are you growing them in pots? What kind of temperature have you had during the day?
One is a Jalapeno or how ever you spell it and the other is a mild pepper but i can't recall the name of it. I live in South Australia so the temperature is fairly mild. probably about 5 degrees celcius to 32 degrees celcius but mostly somewhere in the 20's.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It could be due to over- watering.

My mates in SA have been saying how it has been uncharacteristically wet and slightly colder this past winter/spring. That could have contributed to the problem as peppers do not really like wet conditions or temps under about 12. You should look into using a fertiliser too. I use seaweed booster which you can buy in coles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

I live in South Australia so the temperature is fairly mild. probably about 5 degrees celcius to 32 degrees celcius but mostly somewhere in the 20's.
SA gets a lot warmer than 32 dude. even now in spring. The average temp is actually 29.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasher View Post

I use seaweed booster which you can buy in coles.
Since you recommended that stuff a while back, I've been using it as you said and it has been really good for my veggies and herbs. Not only are they heaps bigger now but I don't have anywhere near the trouble with bugs and other pests like I did before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts