VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I don't think I have been around for a year or so. I finally decided to take the Vegan plunge. I have been a staunch, and unapologetic Ovo-Lacto vegetarian for about 6 years, and before that from about 1995 off and on.

Well, now it is my turn to break down and apologize. To the chickens and cows anyway.

So I am at the stage where I really do not need to eat another egg, or drink another glass of milk. I've been working on this by myself, sort of transitioning into it for about a month.

I have become a pretty fabulous vegetarian cook. (I am a baker by trade). I do not worry AT ALL about getting good, and appropriate food. I make a great plantain-sprouted lentil, and also mung bean royal rice veggie burger. I love plantains, caramelized cabbage and onion, soups, stews, and other remarkable dishes. I am a very adventurous eater.

This is really funny because I always said I would never even entertain the thought of giving up milk and eggs, but here I am. I swore up and down... I was also a "health" vegetarian-- and some of you here believe that health vegetarians do not stick with it (only ethical vegetarians do).

But one thing a few of you were right about is that sooner or later the ethical part of it becomes dominant.

It is never too late to become compassionate.

Gita

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
This is an amazing story! Congratulations and good luck with your transition!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts