VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i've decided to go raw a day a week. i'm planning to just eat fruits and salad with mint tea in between. since i'm working, i can get a good salad bar at work, a good fruit bar in the morning (berries and melon). i am cheating with basamic vinegar oil free dressing.

anything else with minimal prep?. i feel so ignorant with this

·
Banned
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

ok, i've decided to go raw a day a week. i'm planning to just eat fruits and salad with mint tea in between. since i'm working, i can get a good salad bar at work, a good fruit bar in the morning (berries and melon). i am cheating with basamic vinegar oil free dressing.

anything else with minimal prep?. i feel so ignorant with this
Sounds like a great plan. I should try that myself.
Flo

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Soak seeds and nuts, make simple seed and nut cheeses and milks! Yummy. Sprout!

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am thinking (since nuts and seeds are generally off my diet) that i'm going to go with sugar peas and sliced raw potato soaked in balsamic vinegar, then the typical salad bar stuff sans the kindney/garbanzo beans. of course a few pieces of fruit tossed in. it's not like i've got to live on this - just make it 24 hours

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, here we go, kicking it off this am at 0700. nothing cooked for 24 hours. starting this morning with a banana and zero calorie flavored carbonated water. this followed by a bit of weightlifting and 30 minutes on the elliptical.

then i'm going to sleep a bit. i've got to work tonight and the challenge will be on in the middle of the night. i'm taking a bag of stir fry veggies to work with me along with an all natural fat free balsamic vinagrette and a raw potato (i'll dice it just prior to eating it). i'm also bringing a bag of snap green peas.

around 4 am i'm going to hit the fruit bar in the cafeteria. i'll be home at around 8 am, and then hopefully i'll be so tired i crash till 2 pm or so. when i wake up, i'll have my first day raw under my belt

at least, this is the plan. we'll see how well i actually do. i really think this will train down my stomach so i'm not doing all this binge eating. it's very tough when you work nights.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh the drama is building... i just finished a brutal 30 minutes on the elliptical and i'm soaked with sweat. my stomach is crying for a big plate of beans and cooked potatoes!. i'm thinking water and a salad with some fruit.... i'm in control... i'm in control ... i'm in control .......

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. i made it. strawberries, snap peas and grapes. i'm stuffed and feeling great. since i'm having a lipid panel drawn tomorrow and i'm going to fast from about 6 am to 3 pm, it's going to be tommorrow evening before i eat anything cooked. i'd really love to turn this day into a semi-fast with just a little raw food.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Make sure you don't eat any green potato skin with those raw potatoes!

Good luck. I like eating some raw foods or meals, but I'd find it hard to do a whole day.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i made it. havent eaten yet today at all, except a cup of coffee this am. i feel like i could fast all day now. i gotta say, this was way cool and i'm doing it a day a week now. the coolest thing is i'm seeing 194 on my scales
. not that that's anything other than water loss, but it's still nice to see that number!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good luck too, i'm trying to go about eating an existing enclosure to my salads like i can take some leaves or something from lettuce, try and figure something better out but hopefully i'm needing things to fuel my energy.. i recommend a high intake of vegetable and fruit blended drink it really pushed me through my day...

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
A good way to get a sufficient amount of greens is a green smoothie. I blend kale with mangoes, strawberries, and bananas. It is actually quite delicious and it's easy!

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm planning the same thing this sunday. i find that snap peas are substantive enough to get me through the day. this and a big salad with fruit and teas make it easy to do 24 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Good for you! I'd also suggest adding in some avocados if you have 'em (and like 'em) to you salad, as they can be quite satiating due to the high(er) fat content as compared to other fruits. Or you could do like I do and just eat them with a squeeze of lime. Sooooo good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.