VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to our newest Hall of Fame, everyone! The Hall has been set up to honor those of us who cannot go one day without accidentally injuring ourselves in one way or another.

I'd like to invite everyone to the first that we hope of many annual ceremonies, the Klutz Induction Awards and Dinner Dance, honoring the klutzes of the world, at which time we hand out The Klutz, a tasteful gold-plated statuette of a person banging their head on a door jamb (reminiscent of the time I stood up after picking something off the floor and cut my head on an open storage cabinet door). Nicknames for the award have already been picked: The Jamie, The Amy, and the Heather. Feel free to submit your own nickname.

First into the Hall is LilBigBug, who kindly assented to the first nickname, the Jamie. If she was here right now, and I hope she stops by, she'd tell you all about the accidents she incurs on a regular basis, such as the time she twisted her ankle.

The Heather is so nicknamed by Danakskully64. The Amy is nicknamed by me, as I currently have about 15 bites on my right arm from my lovely Kitty, Violet, because I wouldn't pull my arm back whenever she went for it with her sharp teeth.

Aren't we lovable, folks?

Feel free to submit your own names as Klutz of the Year.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I am in. I fall down constantly because my ankle flips over. Its tripping over myself. I normally can catch myself but I do sprain ankle a couple times a year. I am constantly running into things. I get bruises that I have no clue where they came from. I drop things all the time. Its very bad coronation.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Which time of twisting my ankle are you talking about?

So far, I haven't hurt myself, but it's only 9:30 AM, so there's some time. A couple days ago I hit my foot on an industrial ladder. Ouch!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I am not sure if the whole dance idea is good though. We may need to keep a huge first aid kit of an ambulance around in case of falls.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Minor burns to my fingers when I cook. And banging my elbows on the door handles in my house.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The Schu - MrSchu fell down the stairs that I was standing at the bottom of. He flattened me like a pancake, breaking two of my ribs and causing contusions in my knee. It was so spectacular that you had to see it to believe it. He was SO embarassed to take me to the doctor. He kept saying "They aren't going to believe that you live in a safe place!" I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of it all. He asked me to marry him shortly thereafter.

A week after we moved into our new house (now 4 years ago), I fell down the new deck stair causing a fairly significant spiral fracture in my leg.

About 2 years ago, I was sleeping on the edge of the bed (I guess) when the alarm went off and startled me. I fell out of the bed and on to one of my Danskos, breaking another rib. That was hard to live down at work.

If my current patten stands, I should be due for another crazy one soon!

Prior to meeting MrSchu, I'd never had a broken bone.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm just going to start a list as they're all coming to me now (yay for just waking up).

-Gave myself a concussion by hitting my head on a tree branch.
-Bruised my ankle bone (is there more than one?) by trying to shut my car door with my foot.
-Slipped and fell on a tile floor.
-Slammed my finger in the door and got my nail (the doctor actually had to remove the blood from my nail).
-Twisted my foot by slipping on wet grass.
-Constantly pricking myself with the tagging gun-I don't know why people at work trust me with sharp objects.
-Hit my head on a halogen light, those HURT.
-Constantly twisting my foot.

That's all I can think of now.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I frequently get bruises and cuts on my hands and arms without knowing where they came from. I suspect they're from turning off my alarm clock while still asleep in the morning, and banging my hands and arms on the night stands while doing so. I often wake up an hour or more after the alarm went off, and I don't remember turning it off.

Other than that, I'm not a Klutz at all. In fact, I'm pretty highly coordinated. See my avatar pic - that's me juggling. I also used to walk on a slack wire in a circus, sometimes while juggling at the same time.

--Fromper

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

I hate these cliquey threads :/
...How is this a cliquey thread?

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Once slammed a car door on my hand.

Fell while running once. Lacerated my chin. Took seven stitches.

While rehearsing a sword-fight scene for Romeo and Juliet, cut my hand on a sword. Took three stitches.

Klutz, UNITE!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Aaand I managed to burn myself with boiling water today. Ouch!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

...How is this a cliquey thread?
I think she means she is so ethereally graceful and elegant she feels left out

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is pretty bad...
I was leaving the grocery store and the parts where the sidewalk goes down were blocked. To my left were girl scouts, to my right a car, so I had no where to gracefully roll my cart down the sidewalk (without being assualted by cuteness and cookie spamming) So stupid me attempted to just roll my cart over the sidewalk bump. My cart toppled straight over, me too, onto it, grocerys everywhere, me and the cart splayed. I was humiliated and hurt but It's hilarious now

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

While rehearsing a sword-fight scene for Romeo and Juliet, cut my hand on a sword. Took three stitches.

Klutz, UNITE!
That's all heroic sounding though!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
*stumbles into thread*

*hip-checks the corner, elbows the sides*

*stumbles out*

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I once fell down head first, hands full of papers, down a flight of 12 ceramic stairs, finally stopping on the last step, missing a shoe, bleeding from my leg, with papers raining down all around me.

Got a car door closed on my fingers, and a car roll over my foot, but atleast I wasn,t the one to do those things to myself.

I did walk straight into a metal sign once and got a nasty bumps on the forehead for it.

Broke my glasses while trying to make a pass in volley-ball, twenty minutes later, tried to make another pass (glasses-less) and got the ball in the exact same spot, which, this time, resulted in a black eye.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Once in highschool I tripped walking down the bleachers during a basketball game and got my foot caught between them, hanging inverted by my feet while the entire auditorium pointed and laughed at me. I couldn't get my feet unstuck so until one of the upperclassmen came along and kicked me I just stayed there. I wish I could say that this was the most embarrassing moment of my life, but alas I have had so many more that this one pales in comparison. I'm a dork, a clutz, and that's never going to change!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts