VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this viewpoint amusing.

Ok when we went to Mass moca, my fahter says, Are you morally opposed to eating clams.

No, not really.

So why don't you eat the clam chowder then?.

Because it's not food to me, I'm not morally opposed to eating cockroaches and I don't eat them either.

So I guess with this viewpoint, you will eat anything as long as it's morally acceptable whether one considers it a food item for your species or not.

Oh and I often mention insects when I get asked these types of questions because insects are part of a natural diet for many primates.

Could just as well go with are you morally opposed to eating sawdust?...no...Ok why don't you do it then?.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I don't eat raisins, but that's because I don't like them. It has nothing to do with my morals. I won't touch burned popcorn, either, but it's not out of respect for the over-done kernals.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I get that a lot too, and I simply say that I don't like it or don't want to eat it. It's that- I don't like meat. I don't like the taste or the consistancy and I have no desire to eat it.

It's kind of annoying though when people ask me "well if animals weren't alive would you eat them?" I mean seriously, what kind of question is that? I also get "well plants are alive!"... ugh

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I love when my friends offer me a sweet or something and I say "no thanks" and they practically force it on me, saying things like "but there's so many things you can't eat - you should take everything you can get!"

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

I don't eat raisins, but that's because I don't like them. It has nothing to do with my morals. I won't touch burned popcorn, either, but it's not out of respect for the over-done kernals.
ohhh man... i love lightly burnt popcorn!!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Most people give me lectures about milk and dairy, and I let them go on for a while before I tell them I'm lactose intolerant. Then they say that in that case it should be fine, which totally annuls all other arguments they have just made about the 'necessity' of dairy.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I love when my friends offer me a sweet or something and I say "no thanks" and they practically force it on me, saying things like "but there's so many things you can't eat - you should take everything you can get!"
When I say "no thanks", I get a defensive "But there isn't MEAT in it!" Apparently, I should be perpetually hungry and accept all things offered, so long as it doesn't contain meat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum42 View Post

When I say "no thanks", I get a defensive "But there isn't MEAT in it!" Apparently, I should be perpetually hungry and accept all things offered, so long as it doesn't contain meat.
sooo agree like when I am offered hummus which i dont like and politely say No Thanx and get the I thought all people like you are supposed to like anything that isnt animal based...too crazy!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

ohhh man... i love lightly burnt popcorn!!
You sound like my neighbor in the dorms...

She intentionally burns every single bag of popcorn...

(and I must admit, I'm starting to like it
)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts