VeggieBoards banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedVegan View Post

Evangelion is dope. Also, I found the ending of Madoka Magica rather upsetting, yet powerful.
To be honest, I felt that Madoka Magica became a story about moe love between two girls towards the end, which sorta undermined its gravity.

Then again, perhaps it's a homage to the magical girl genre, which I admit I don't watch and don't understand (the last magical girl show I watched being Akazukin Cha Cha WAAAY back.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingchen View Post

To be honest, I felt that Madoka Magica became a story about moe love between two girls towards the end, which sorta undermined its gravity.

Then again, perhaps it's a homage to the magical girl genre, which I admit I don't watch and don't understand (the last magical girl show I watched being Akazukin Cha Cha WAAAY back.)
The funny this is, I had very little exposure to the fandom when I first watched the series and I hardly picked up on its yuri undertones. It was only after I discovered the huge MadokaxHomura shipping base on the Internet that I thought "oh, well, that certainly makes sense."

21 - 23 of 23 Posts