VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here and what better way to introduce myself than tell a little holiday story.
I had been dating a nice woman for about a month and an opportunitie arose to get a small housebout for the weekend for the price of fuel alone, I have a friend who has a housebout rental bussiness and a lot of his boats weren't hired out that weekend and boats on the river is good advertising. I invited this nice young lady to spend the weekend on the houseboat with me and she was stoked and said yes.

we awoke saturday morning and cast off from the dock to go find ourselves a pleasant spot on the tweed river, which ended up being just outside Chinderah Pub. Jackie asked me to get her a bottle of boubon and I bought some beers. We spent the day soaking up the sun on the roof of the boat and consuming our alcohol and listening to music. Around 4pm we were getting a little hungry and decided we would get a little dressed up and row the dinghy over to the pub to get a feed.

I was out the back of the houseboat sitting in the dinghy waiting for Jackie who was a little anxious about stepping into the dinghy, I said "Just hang onto the railing and step into the dinghy." When she stepped in she for some reason tried to put both feet in at once while still clinging firmly to the houseboat railing, this made the dinghy rush away from the boat and she was laying horizontal feet in the dinghy hands on the boat rail. I had grabbed the railing as soon as the dinghy moved but it was too late, I looked her in the eye and said "you know you're going in love" as she dropped into the water.

I jumped back onto the houseboat and grabbed Jackies arms and pulled her back into the boat, she was drenched and crying her poor little eyes out, I wrapped a towell around her and was hugging her comforting her when I saw our bright orange dinghy go floating past down stream. I ran to the control panel started the houseboat and gunned it after the dinghy. The more I reved the motor the louder Jackie cried and I realised we were going nowhere, the anchor was still out. So up to the bow heaving on the anchor chain watching the little orange dinghy float downstream and a crying woman.

Back at the controls full throttle after the Dinghy, chop throttle when I catch it and superman dive off the bow into it and tie it back on. This gave me a chance to reflect on what just happened and all I could do was laugh long and loud, even Jackie had progressed from tears to laughter at that point.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Aw, the poor gal! I hope you were able to rekindle your good spirits after the unplanned canal swim. A houseboat sounds like a lovely idea for how to spend the weekend though.

I think we have one other member who lives permanently on a houseboat actually, though she's only here occasionally.

Welcome on board!

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Aw, the poor gal! I hope you were able to rekindle your good spirits after the unplanned canal swim. A houseboat sounds like a lovely idea for how to spend the weekend though.

I think we have one other member who lives permanently on a houseboat actually, though she's only here occasionally.

Welcome on board!
of course

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBrgndy View Post

Hmmm, what where you planning to eat at the pub? It doesnt seem like a pub would be vegan.
I've had many a vegan meal prepared for me in pubs, both from the menu and specially prepared by request.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts