VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow (March 20th) is the Great American Meatout.. is anyone here doing anything special for it? Converting? Demonstrating? Celebrating? What have you?

I think I'm going to make potato wellington to celebrate (recipe is in the "Incredibly Delicious" cookbook).. it'll also be Gem's (9) & Felony's (1) birthdays, so I'm going to figure out something special to do for them as well...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Every year I think I am going to do something, but then it turns out that I am busy or I forget, etc. I thought about bringing Why Vegans to the bioethics lounge at my school. Not sure if I am brave enough for it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sounds like fun,

Actually my favorite food right now is portabella mushrooms, I've been experimenting with different marinades and I can't get enough of these tasty little treats.

The rest of the day, I might be screwed....Probably go with fruit in the morning...and Lunch......any ideas, something simple because KC has to cook cause significant other at work....Maybe a veggie pizza...I don't know where to start!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I cant help, but I find they chose a rather bad word for their event. When I opened the thread I thought its about a meat specific festival or similar.

Anyway, too bad only two european countries are participating.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
That's what I thought too.... My mind immediately flashed an image of a grassy park full of men in aprons standing over barbeques.....

Cool... I guess I will have to read and see what it's about. Something with encouraging an omni to try not eating meat for a day? :shrug:

·
Registered
0 Posts
the veggieheads at UCF are gunna try to get the campus to go veg for the day! that would be swell.. and since its the anniversary they better do it mofo!

ps the tomorrow in the op got me all scared.. sheesh

1 - 20 of 89 Posts