VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What makes a song outdated exactly? I find it to be timeless!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe View Post

What makes a song outdated exactly? I find it to be timeless!
The only thing I can think of is that if a song is completely about some specific historical event. Like a song called "In the upcoming election, I'm voting for Bill Clinton, and here's why". Other than that, music does not have a date.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The Girl from Ipanema is a beautiful song and I love Stan Getz. Terrible English lyrics, though, so cheesy! Supposedly the original Portuguese is better but I wouldn't know, not speaking the language myself.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

The only thing I can think of is that if a song is completely about some specific historical event. Like a song called "In the upcoming election, I'm voting for Bill Clinton, and here's why". Other than that, music does not have a date.
I wonder if I can find a video for "The Battle Of New Orleans"? By the way- that song is meant to be funny, but considering the historical facts, it's anything but. The battle was fought AFTER the US and England had signed a peace treaty, but before the news got to the soldiers in that area- so was a complete waste of life.

·
Registered
824 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts