VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vimeo.com

Quote:
In this launch of Our Hen House's new Gay Animal series, meet Nathan Runkle, longtime animal rights activist and gay activist, who is working to bridge the connections between various social justice movements. Video by Jasmin Singer of Our Hen House
A nice short video with brain food for those interested in either gay or animal rights.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Hey, why aren't you at work?

I'l watch when I'm not at work.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Hey, why aren't you at work?

I'l watch when I'm not at work.
Because of parts shortages from Japan, half my factory is laid off for about a month, maybe a little longer. I'm drawing unemployment right now. I'll be back to work soon enough.

And yes, you should watch this, and possibly share it with people you know who are either pro animal or gay rights but can't seem to make the connection. Behold, here's a gay animal activist who's making a compelling comparison.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

And yes, you should watch this, and possibly share it with people you know who are either pro animal or gay rights but can't seem to make the connection. Behold, here's a gay animal activist who's making a compelling comparison.
Cue the angry masses "You can't compare gay people with animals, you Nazi!"

I'll watch it once I've finished my studying for today. Thanks for posting the link!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Well, there are gay animals.
Yeah I know. I'm one of them. *drum roll*

Okay it's more like I just don't give a damn what the other person's gender is. I guess that makes me more bi, but I don't like that term. It doesn't fully encompass human sexuality anyway. There are fifteen slight genetic variations of both males and females. I like big women and wimpy boys, and I ain't ashamed of it. Toogosh! Tamrugh!

Back on point, Nathan makes a good point. As for the "how dare you?!?" people? Screw 'em. I had some ******* the other day say "How dare you compare women to animals?" Well...for one, women are humans and humans are, in fact, animals.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very impressive. He is articulate, honest and self-disclosing.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Just have to say... Nathan Runkle is hot.

And he's right. The essentializing that allowed Africans to be enslaved, women to be kept out of the work force and trapped in the home, and homosexuals to be a victim of hate crimes because of who they are are the very same systems working in speciesism to deny animals their self-hood, their ability to feel pain, their inner thoughts, decisions, desires and spirituality. However like African Americans, like women, like LGBTQ folks; that part of who they are is only one small part of their being. Same is true for animals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.