VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
The Landover Baptist site is a parody site. They aren't serious, don't worry! (And I'm going to move your thread, since I don't think there will be much debating).

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

The Landover Baptist site is a parody site. They aren't serious, don't worry! (And I'm going to move your thread, since I don't think there will be much debating).
Oh thank god...

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I love that site!

Also, what does it say about reality when parody and truth become almost indistinguishable?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Yes, Landover Baptist is a parody site. And it's awesome.

However...

The REAL group of people who think Earth is flat are part of the Flat Earth Society.

I'm pretty sure they're serious. (I'd love to be wrong about that, because being right is utterly terrifying.)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

Yes, Landover Baptist is a parody site. And it's awesome.

However...

The REAL group of people who think Earth is flat are part of the Flat Earth Society.

I'm pretty sure they're serious. (I'd love to be wrong about that, because being right is utterly terrifying.)
According to wikipedia, the Flat Earth Society is very real. Eek!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I love that site!

Also, what does it say about reality when parody and truth become almost indistinguishable?
Compare the credits of Chris Morris' Brass Eye satire with Sky News current credits. Same credits with a different colour tone.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

i think the earth is flat society probably has a lot of overlap with the society of people who want holes drilled in their heads, the trepanners. http://www.trepan.com/ . unfortunately, this movement appears to be losing steam.
Wait...you DON'T want a hole drilled in your head?

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I love that site!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Quote:
Poe's law states:
Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.
--Fromper

·
Registered
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Oh, OK, there is still hope in the world. XD

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
But... but if we don't have holes drilled in our heads... how will we enter the Matrix?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.