VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone else here in the process of applying to colleges? I'm soo nervous but glad to have all my apps in (though they're taking forever to process my common app
)

I'm applying to: Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, Reed College (my top choice! they're even super-veggie friendly, or so I've heard), American, George Washington, Barnard, and Brandeis. I've gotten into the OSU honors program but haven't heard back from any others... some say they won't send me notice until April!

Annyway, what schools are you guys looking at?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm applying to a few universities. Sent off my application last week and waiting for replies from Coventry University to do Conservation and Geography, Newman College of Higher Education to do Geography (75%) with History (25%), Staffordshire University to do Physical and Environmental Geography, University of Wolverhampton to do Physical Geography and University of Worcester to do Physical Geography. Hopefully i'll get accepted into at least one and get my BSc Undergraduate Degree.

Good look with your choices.

-Engelsman

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've finished my (rather few) applications, but not I have to start on financial aid and go through the audition process. I've applied for:

Otterbein College(accepted with scholarship) Musical Theatre/Dance BFA

Marymount Manhattan College (accepted with scholarship) Ballet BFA with minor in Musical Theater

Fordham University dance BFA program with the Alvin Ailey school (pending)

The Juilliard School Dance BFA, ballet concentration (pending)

Auditions are so soon!!!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Like Engelsman, I'm applying to UK universities, so I'm sure the application process is pretty different. I've applied for Computer Science, deferred (2008) entry. I have offers from The University of Glasgow (BCC at A-level) and University of Liverpool (300 tarrif points including at least a D in maths A-level). I've also applied for University of York, University of Nottingham, University of Edinburgh, and University of Sheffield.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I remember what this was like last year. It was crazy, but really exciting. Good luck everyone!

Kelsey, my best friend goes to Miami of Ohio, and my cousin goes to Ohio State. They're both great schools. I don't know much about the others, but I've heard good things about them. When did you apply? I'm pretty sure I had all my acceptance letters by February and was just waiting for scholarships/honors program acceptances by April. That stinks.

Good luck with the auditions, Lumos. I'm a creative writing major, so I got to do all my auditions through the mail. I applied to Otterbein too, but I wasn't very thrilled about it... Don't know why. I guess I was too hooked on my two top schools. What is your first choice? Julliard?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've gotten into (applied early action) into the University of Rhode Island, University of Connecticut, University of New Hampshire, and Penn State. I didn't hear back from my safety schools yet (The College of Environmental Science & Forestry, & SUNY Oswego)

But URI offered me a $48,000 scholarship, but I still can't afford to go there.
I really want to though, when I visited I had the feeling that it was "right," and it was so pretty and stuff. (= Its also 3 hours away so it, & Connecticut, are the closest schools to my home. The vegan friendliness according to their menus is kind of decent, not that good though.

Good luck to everyone. None of my colleges wanted an interview (they aren't good enough I guess ;P) What kind of problems do they want you to do isowish, like math and science problems, or more open ended questions?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ad View Post

What kind of problems do they want you to do isowish, like math and science problems, or more open ended questions?
I heard from other people on the internet who've had an interview there that it was funny maths questions. You know, like "two trains are coming towards each other. They started x metres away from each other and move at x mph. A fly is flying back and forwards between them. How many miles does the fly fly?".

That was what someone online said he got in his interview. The good news is that they don't expect you to actually solve it.

Congratulations on your acceptances!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I remember what this was like last year. It was crazy, but really exciting. Good luck everyone!

Kelsey, my best friend goes to Miami of Ohio, and my cousin goes to Ohio State. They're both great schools. I don't know much about the others, but I've heard good things about them. When did you apply? I'm pretty sure I had all my acceptance letters by February and was just waiting for scholarships/honors program acceptances by April. That stinks.
I'm applying reg. decision to all of them. I got into OSU Honors, though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffenoughtoroc View Post

I'm going to take it easy at first and take classes at a community college, then I'll move on to another college out of state. I want to get the hang of college life first.
I graduated high school a year early and decided to do the same thing, for the same reason. Although I don't regret it (I enjoyed it a lot actually) it felt it was a lot like high school but with more freedom and time management. If you really want the college experience then I would go to a college that has dorms. Also, if you want credit for the classes you will be taking at the CC, then I would check the college you want to apply to because they might not except them (especially if they are out of state).

As for myself, I am transferring to The College of William and Mary next fall semester as a junior (which is going to be weird because everyone in my classes is going to be 3 or 4 years older than me). I plan on going into international relations or economics.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Quote:
I heard from other people on the internet who've had an interview there that it was funny maths questions. You know, like "two trains are coming towards each other. They started x metres away from each other and move at x mph. A fly is flying back and forwards between them. How many miles does the fly fly?".

That was what someone online said he got in his interview. The good news is that they don't expect you to actually solve it.

I guess they just want to see you react in a high pressure situation, like the interview itself isn't scary enough. :p

Thanks. ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

Ok that they want to scare... but that's not a difficult question, it really isn't. And the speed of fly is lacking.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philostrate View Post

Ok that they want to scare... but that's not a difficult question, it really isn't. And the speed of fly is lacking.
yeah. I don't know about the speed of the fly, because that wasn't my question, it's just second hand info from the interwebz

Yeah. I guess it wouldn't be too hard in like an exam or a class. I just think it would be difficult 'on the spot' in front of an interviewer

·
Registered
31 Posts
is anyone else really insecure with their chances of getting into their first choice college? i have over a 4.0 gpa, and i got a 1200 old SAT, and im in 2 honors societies and band, but im still freaking about whether or not i can get into University of Florida.

blah.

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian View Post

is anyone else really insecure with their chances of getting into their first choice college? i have over a 4.0 gpa, and i got a 1200 old SAT, and im in 2 honors societies and band, but im still freaking about whether or not i can get into University of Florida.

blah.
why? you'll just make your self sick for no damn reason.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian View Post

blah.
UF isn't that selective, is it? One of my friends goes there, and tons of people from her high school are there. And she's smart, but not a 4.0.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts