VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I realized the vitamins my mom bought me (and forced me to eat) had gelatin in them iv'e been vegan for many months now... im really sad ..I didn't know
....i should of read the label...

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Don't be sad about it, you didn't do it deliberately.
Ask your mum to get you some vegan ones next time and maybe research the brand yourself first so she knows which one to get.

·
Registered
961 Posts
A few years ago i saw the commercial for those vitacrave gummy vitamins and i had a coupon so i was double excited to try them. Well i bought a bottle and took them for about 2 weeks and then decided to read the label. They contain gelatin. Weve all made stupid mistakes like that. Just read the label efor you take anything

·
Registered
5 Posts
Soooooo many vitamins have have gelatin in them. Even though I been a veggie for 6 years I recently decided I should probably be taking vitamins for one reason or another (being a college student doesn't allow for many food options due to budget and time limitations). I knew I wasn't going to take vitamins that weren't chewable, thus began my long search for chewable vitamins without gelatin in them. It was pretty pointless. I didn't want to order any online because shipping costs as much as the vitamins and all the health food stores are expensive. I finally found some kid vitamins that didn't have gelatin listed (I looked 3 times and could not believe it). Anyway even though it lacked gelatin about a hundred different ingredients I didn't recognize were on it. So I called the company wanting to see if there was any kind of animal products in them, of course some weird ingredient name (I forgot what it was) stood for cow muscle or something. I was pretty sad. :-(
Good luck trying to find cheap vegetarian vitamins, JV. ^_^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

http://www.gummiking.com/
vegan, chewable and often offer free shipping
It is a pretty good value but the FAQ seems to say you should take 2 a day instead of just one which pretty much doubles the price.
I actually started looking online for chewy veggie vitamins was close to getting those but found some chewable but not gummy vitamin at Wal Mart that was only one a day and pretty cheap. It didn't have gelatin or that other stuff in it but I probably wouldn't recommend it on here since I actually just asked the pharmacist if it had any meat like ingredients (no), I should probably actually call the company (even they don't know half the time). I did use the almighty internet to look it up and people seemed to think it was vegetarian too. But really if you want to be super sure you should probably pay the extra 4 dollars a bottle for the "vegetarian" or "vegan" label.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts