VeggieBoards banner

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition

918 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SomebodyElse 
#1 ·
This came up as a recommendation at my Amazon. After reading some of the 21 five out of five star reviews, I found it worthy of discussion here. That Happy Herbivore thread really got me going. Apparently, plant based is more favored than vegan.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition

Two co workers have adopted the vegan diet. The one, whose life was saved by it, went on to more appreciate the animal rights, the other shows positive signs of ethics,
I really hope the health benefits of a good vegan diet will continue in the media. When you stop eating animals, I can't imagine not seeing them as life worth rights.

#2 ·
Julieanna Hever wrote a fantastic book! another supporter of the Plant based diet wave! anyway, any vegan would benefit greatly from reading this book as a nutrition support book. It's better than Messina's Becoming Vegan book.

honestly Silva, I enourage people from the dietary aspect first, then get into the animal issues second, kind of like like sucking them in, and then teaching the rest of the truth....Forks Over Knives is a great start, and the book to go with it addresses the animal issues where the video doesn't.

#3 ·
I ordered Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to Be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet by Jack Norris, Virginia Messina. I don't know if the Complete Idiot's Guide is better.

#4 ·
I don't know either but Norris is like the VEGAN NUTRITION GURU!

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

That Happy Herbivore thread really got me going. Apparently, plant based is more favored than vegan.
I recall a thread here about how the Vegan Represent forum experienced a mass exodus of people who preferred the term "plant based" to vegan. The argument went that plant-based doesn't imply a diet that comes exclusively from plants, only predominantly, if that. But it was basically the same issue; "vegan" seems to be turning into a four letter word for lots of people.

I can't say I have a problem with the use of herbivorous or plant based when it comes to merely describing a diet though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.