VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting it here because it HAS been brought to their attention, but it still remains on the site, and was reposted from the squee site. I was hoping it was a mistake on their part, but I noticed that my comment was moderated before it was posted.

This is not cool!!! Surely they don't realize how much of their audience is put off by taxidermy... even if it is "cute." I hope others here will help me let them know.

Warning.....
Link contains image of a dead rodent.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2012/0...ande/#comments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Judging from the comments under the photo, no one approves. They'll get the hint. I don't understand why they wouldn't just put doll clothes on a living rat and food lure them upwards? My lady rats used to put up with many outfits.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just emailed them:

Quote:
Hello,

Just sending a message to let you know that, as much as I enjoy visiting your website, there was an image posted on March 7 ("Animal Capshunz: El Ratón Grande") that appears to contain taxidermy. I feel that this is distasteful, and based on many of the comments posted under the image, other Cheezburger fans appear to be of the same opinion. If you would please consider removing the photo from your site and discontinuing the posting of similar images in the future, I believe it would better promote the feel-good nature of this website.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sadie
Hopefully this will at least help. :/

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
It's entirely possible the network didn't realized this wasn't a Photoshopped image. When someone at work printed out this photo, that's what I assumed it was.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

Well on a walk off my campus I saw a row of dead moles stuck up on a barb wire fence- 15 or more. nasty stuff, rural folk can be brutal.
How do you know rural folk did it?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

It's entirely possible the network didn't realized this wasn't a Photoshopped image. When someone at work printed out this photo, that's what I assumed it was.
It's not photoshop.
Taxidermy is when someone takes a critter that they've freshly killed, and stuffs/mounts it in such a way that it looks "natural." Example: Those dead fish and deer heads people put on walls. Just about any critter, from a shrew to an elephant, can be stuffed in this way. Its a popular hobby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts