VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so looking forward to my snack this afternoon. Anticipating a lovely, juicy orange. And then I peeled it. And it was awful. Dry and sad. I don't really want to eat it, but there must be some way to not waste it. Cook it? Add it to something else? Would it work in a smoothie or would it just make it lumpy? Any suggestions on how to use up a disappointingly dry orange?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hmmm...maybe plant the seeds and see what happens?

Maybe add it to a salad where the dressing would hide the dryness and you'd have a little orange flavor in your salad, if you like that kind of thing.

Save the orange peel and use it to make a sachet for your underwear drawer?

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas.

But I totally feel your pain. Many times I've looked forward to eating an orange, a tangerine or even an apple and was quite disappointed. Especially if they came in the same batch as an orange, tangerine or apple that was truly magnificent.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Now I feel I should have given more thought to my own dried out oranges.
I guess squeeze it into some water for flavor.
Don't they usually just taste bad anyway?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I had the very same thing happen to me an hour ago. It is indeed quite a betrayal. I need to go write a performance poem on the subject.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Many times I've looked forward to eating an orange, a tangerine or even an apple and was quite disappointed. Especially if they came in the same batch as an orange, tangerine or apple that was truly magnificent.
Same here. Just happened to me this morning. I had a nice red juicy looking apple but when I took a bite of it, I quickly learned it wasn't as glorious as it appeared. Dry oranges are the worst though. I usually end up squeezing out the juice and adding it to salads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts