VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What new food discoveries did you make this year? Could be a recipe, or just some new food.

This year, I discovered:
How to make my own fresh ginger for sushi. It's easy and tastes a lot better than the stuff I'd been buying.

Field Roast Frankfurters. YUM!!!

And tonight, for the first time I had Sukhi's Vegan Samosas. I found them on sale for $5. I need to stock up, because they are good. The chutney that comes with them tastes amazingly fresh.

Find anything new you like?

· Registered
7,285 Posts
Sweet Potato Chili (Thanks to I Heart Corey Haim). Made it three times, three different ways.

· Registered
12,617 Posts
Mock duck- Never tried it before because it scared me and I had no previous experience eating the real thing (thank the FSM). I'm glad I gave it a shot, turns out it's really good.

Artichoke Hearts- Sadly I am still intimidated by fresh artichokes but since I discovered jarred marinated chokes , I'm addicted.

Gardein Beefless Tips- I finally found out what why people go crazy over these things.

Spaghetti Squash- delicious and fun to prepare

· Registered
7,285 Posts
I also made root beer cupcakes...I have a bad feeling about this thread. See, 365x3=1215 meals (breakfast,lunch, and dinner) not including snacks and desserts, and missed meals...I'm going to be coming back to this.

· Banned
2,977 Posts
New to me in 2011 (listed in the order of favorite to least fav):

1. Leahey Foods cheese powder (for making mac 'n cheese)
2. Match (name brand) meats - but the store has since quit selling them

3. Tofurky Bologna
4. Sriracha (hot sauce)
5. Cadbury Drinking Chocolate (hot chocolate powder)
6. Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties
7. Alexia Beer Battered Onion Rings
8. Gardein Beefless Burger
9. Tofurky Smokey Maple Bacon Tempeh
10. World Maket Dark Chocolate Spread (kind of like Nutella)
11. Tofurky pizzas
12. Gardien Stuffed Turk'y

As for 2012, I just picked up Tofurky Roast Beef style deli meat. I have not seen it before yesterday, so it is new to me. Previously, I have only seen Oven Roasted, Hickory Smoked and Peppered flavored deli meats. I can't comment on it because I haven't cracked open the package yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.