Who's there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Banana banana.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
All right, you guys have convinced me. I am going bananas.

Er. I mean:

Unless the banana is overly ripe.

Anyway, this is an important issue and I'm glad to see it being tackled here on VB.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Bananas are "ok." Eating too many can easily make me sick, and give me a headache. I could easily eat 4 grapefruits, 8 oranges, 3 mangos, a whole canteloupe, or a whole full-size papaya -- but 3 bananas make me feel ill. I think it is the high sulfer content. I like a few slices of banana in my fruit salad -- 2/3 of a banana maybe. That sounds like an ideal amount. Any more, and I feel ill.

A small amount to flavor breads, cakes, etcetera, is good. Large amount -- not good.

I like frozen banana deserts, flavored with other fruits, and with nut butter (NOT peanuts). Frozen bananas make me slightly less sick than fresh.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Here's my favorite banana recipe is banana ice cream (it's all raw too!)

Banana Ice Cream:

2 frozen bananas

a few handfuls of fresh or frozen berries or cherries (pitted)

1 Tablespoon raw almond butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

In your food processor, process the following ingredients until the texture is like soft serve ice cream. It takes a few minutes, so be patient. It will process faster if you kind of push the ingredients down with a scraper while the processor is running (just make sure you don't chop up the scraper! Plastic doesn't taste very good in the ice cream!)

Note: You can substitute carob or cocoa powder for the berries or try different kinds of nut butters for different flavors. Chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream is a delicious combo.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Okay, so this is post #19 and no one has made a p***s/banana joke yet? For shame, people!

Mmmmm....bananas.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.