VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having Thanksgiving at my home this year. My family is lacto vege. We don't eat eggs. I am very careful when it comes to ingredients. I have children and I am vigilant about their diets as well. Most of my extended family have the same diet as I do but some have included egg products in their foods. One of my sibilings wants to bring a dish that has eggs in it to Thanksgiving and I told them I would prefer if they did not. I really don't want to have to watch plates or explain to my kids why they can't have it for this one meal in my own home. My sibling expressed concern that he really wants this dish. It is boggling me that they need it so badly. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yikes, the family frolic starts early this year! Overall, it sounds like you have a very veggie family, that is lucky!

You are the one offering your home and hospitality, and likely a lot of hard work. Hosts rarely have time to enjoy their gatherings, they are so busy running them. You have good reason for controlling the menu.

Rabid Child already gave the best advice I could think of. Just about anything can be made vegan, and you have over a month to prepare for it. What exactly is the dish?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dish was one of those already made fake Turkeys. After much talking my sibling finally understood and then felt really bad for pushing so passionately. They were very sorry. I think we are going to skip any store bought item and make our own baked tofu dish. It sounds yummy already.

Faerie: I am lucky to have a completly veggie family (Mom, Dad, siblings, husband and children) I also have a kind omni Brother in Law and future SIL that is trying to understand.

Rabid Child: Thank you for responding and I look foward to cooking and having so much fun. I found a great vegan pecan pie recipe too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts