VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the American Thanksgiving is slowly creeping up on us, I thought there should be a thread for it! I have never tried Tofurkey, and I would love to experiment with it so my husband and I can enjoy the holidays. Does anyone have any good spicy recipes for it?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
yay
great idea for thread! I'm making a "pre thanksgiving" dinner within the next few weeks. Kind of like a trial run so i don't screw up thanksgiving with a terrible tofurky.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea. I think I might attempt doing that as well! My family makes some great turkey and I would love to have a meal that is just as tasty but meat free

·
Registered
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

Forget tofurky. This is what's up:

Where do you find that?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
It's pretty hard to find Field Roast in Canada and is definitely not available anywhere in Winnipeg. Werewolf Girl mentioned it was available at one place in or around Vancouver.

I like Tofurky roast, it's a nice centrepiece on holidays or for a Sunday roast. I prefer to do up a bunch of fancy sides, but my bf is crazy about the roast itself.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I love Tofurky Roast. This time of the year, it always goes on sale for $10, saving me around $3-$4. Celebration Roast is better in some ways, but I love them both equally.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Wow, all that food looks great! I haven't been online in a few days, so I didn't see the picture when you posted it. You got that from Irvine WF? I'm in the area often for doctor appointments, if I don't have a chance to get a Field Roast from the other Field Roast locations you told me about I can get one from the Irvine location by Thanksgiving. I really want a Field Roast now, I'm becoming obsessed with looking up Field Roast threads here and reading reviews
And since my veg relative doesn't come for Thanksgiving it'll just be me and I'll have some leftovers! I've been dreading having to make a good vegan dish for Thanksgiving but if I can find a Field Roast instead I'll be looking forward to it.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
I hope I can find something like that. I will probably call a vegan store I know here. Last year I found a tofurky only weeks after Thanksgiving anddidn't bother buying it, it was $35 or so and I felt like I only want it for an occasion not just to try

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Wow, all that food looks great! I haven't been online in a few days, so I didn't see the picture when you posted it. You got that from Irvine WF? I'm in the area often for doctor appointments, if I don't have a chance to get a Field Roast from the other Field Roast locations you told me about I can get one from the Irvine location by Thanksgiving. I really want a Field Roast now, I'm becoming obsessed with looking up Field Roast threads here and reading reviews
And since my veg relative doesn't come for Thanksgiving it'll just be me and I'll have some leftovers! I've been dreading having to make a good vegan dish for Thanksgiving but if I can find a Field Roast instead I'll be looking forward to it.
Irvine Whole Foods = HEAVEN! Really, you might cry the first time there
My omni boyfriend absolutely LOVES Field Roast and he's not even a huge food fan.

My perfect Thanksgiving:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

I hope I can find something like that. I will probably call a vegan store I know here. Last year I found a tofurky only weeks after Thanksgiving anddidn't bother buying it, it was $35 or so and I felt like I only want it for an occasion not just to try
Ouch! Must be the higher cost of living in Canada, they go for about $20 USD here, if I'm remembering correctly.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts

And I LOVE food, so I probably will cry
That plate looks so delicious, and it's making me hungry. What is the stuffing inside the Field Roast slice, the middle part? I read a review about using the leftovers of Field Roast cold in sandwiches, have you ever tried them like that, do they taste good or do they have to be heated?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
That's me, I'm food driven like a dog

The inside is... I don't know, amazing. I think it's squash, mushroom, and something else. It sounds like a weird combo and I just can't describe the flavor because it's like nothing else I've ever tried. I never make sandwiches out of it because the bread is just an obstacle to eat the Field Roast
I will go into the fridge and take bites of it cold. It's delicious hot and cold.

·
Registered
245 Posts
great thread!
this is my first vegan thanksgiving and I am always the one who throws thanksgiving lunch so I am planning to stun everyone with an awesome vegan meal!

I don't have whole foods here so maybe something that can be home made? Maybe also some pumpkin pie or apple pie recipes?

1 - 20 of 244 Posts