VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so we are having the dreaded Thanksgiving potluck at work next Wednesday. Usually I bring veggie or fruit trays so that at least I have something to chomp on other than the congealed hams and deviled eggs that populate the table.

I was thinking that I would love to bring something that would WOW my fellow workers while still staying within the vegan realm.

Any suggestions on recipes that can be made the night before (possibly in a crock pot) and will be yummy and surprise the heck out of people when they find out its....clutch the pearls...VEGAN!!?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
You could make pasta with vegan alfredo sauce (who says pasta can't be at Thanksgiving!). It was one of the first reciepes I tried after going veg and it is wonderful!! I think you could make in on the stove the night before and then put it all together in a crock pot to stay warm. Just a suggestions. Here is the receipe. (I made mine without the veggie ham).

http://www.vegancooking.com/recipes/...fredosauce.htm

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
How about some vegan stuffing? Is is pretty cheap to make and really good and it would go with the Thanksgiving pot luck theme.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! Thanks for all the suggestions. The alfredo sauce with fakey ham looks yummmmy! I do have cookbooks, but was looking to see if people had some tried and true recipes that theyve used to wow the flesh eaters.

Thanks So Much!!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy casserole.

I don't really use a recipe, I sauté a few boxes of mushrooms thinly sliced in oil with one thinly sliced onion, add whatever herbs I'm in the mood for (for thanksgiving I like a little garlic and lots of sage) salt, pepper, etc. then add a few tablespoons of flour and cook it in, and then a bit of veggie broth so I have a nice thick gravy. Then put it in the bottom of a casserole dish and pipe on top mashed potatoes in a pretty pattern, then bake until the potatoes begin to brown a bit.

You could do everything the night before and just bake it in the morning to heat it back up. I get compliments on this everywhere I bring it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelin View Post

Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance is like CRACK.

I just got that book for myself for my birthday last week. I'll have to check out the gravy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts