VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my chemistry class today, and we were discussing the chemistry behind the pet food scare. We were talking about how it was caused by tainted wheat gluten, and my teacher (aforementioned doctor) talked about how wheat gluten was that thing vegetarians might buy in seitan or murkey (mock turkey, I think). For the record, he may or may not be a vegetarian. I have no idea. Anyways, after we finished talking about it, someone joked, "Poor vegetarians." To which my teacher's response was, "This one time I was at (a restaurant) to get the grease they use to fry, because I was doing something with it (he didn't mention what). When I got there, someone was there with one of those big, industrial trucks. I asked him what he did with it and he said, 'Oh, we take it to Toronto and feed it to animals.' So they eat that and you eat the animals." As I just sat there, putting my hands behind my head, and my friend put his hands in his.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
An omni knowing something about seitan? And he said <i>...and you eat the animals</i>, my guess is: he's one of us!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's got environmentalist tendancies (not necessarily veg, but it's a possibility), although we had to do one analysis involving food labels, and he had a chicken label. Could be his wife's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts