VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,<br><br>
Ok so I usually avoid Chinese and Thai vegetable dishes because they cook their vegetables in chicken broth. Today I was at work and in the area my job is located there aren't many choices. I chose to go check out a Thai restaurant. I asked the lady who receives the take out orders if the stir fry vegetables were cooked in chicken broth. She told me no, but I still was weary and cautious. I ate the veggies but I'm not sure if they were cooked in chicken broth, it could have been or could have not been. Does anyone know if they cook their veggie dishes in chicken broth by default? I chose to give them a chance because I saw on their menu "vegetarian" dishes and even things like tofu.<br><br>
Thanks

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It depends on the restaurant. If the lady told you there was no chicken in the veggies you'll have to believe her. It's part of eating out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but unfortunately most folk don't see chicken broth as chicken so they think they can call it a vegetarian dish......

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yeah, that's why I typically ask specifically about chicken broth in that sort of restaurant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts