VeggieBoards banner

Tempeh

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  shaved_women 
#1 ·
MMM.......I had Tempeh for the first time today, in a Mongolian BBQ at my college cafeteria. It was really tasty. Plus, in a few days we're having Boca Burgers. Yum!

I know a lot of people don't really like the fake meat products...but as someone pretty new to vegetarianism, I think they're great.

I'm glad my college is pretty veggie-friendly. Sure, they still serve meat, but there's almost always an option for me....like tonight

Tempeh w/ noodles and peanut sauce (man, that was spicy, lovely)

corn

potatoes

It was a really hearty meal. Hey, I didn't become a veggie for health reasons

See less See more
#3 ·
My college always offered some fairly decent vegetarian options. I like the fake meat too, and I'm not a new vegetarian, I've been one for about a decade. Sometimes ignorant omnis will say to me mockingly, "what's the point in eating fake meat? Why not just eat the real thing then." My response is always, "hey, I never said I had anything against the way it tastes".

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista82 View Post

Wild rice tempeh is yummy. I fried it up with some spices and put it on some wheat bread with some hummus. It was good. I wish I could find wild rice tempeh around here. I wouldn't want to drive an hour to Whole Foods to get it.
Yeah, that's what I do. Get it nice and crsip, then make a sandwich out of it. I usually just put BBQ or mustrad and ketchup on it, or may met some cheese (soy or regular) on top. I will have to try hummus. Try this one: A hummus sandwich on a toasted everything bagel with lettuce and sliced red onions..... mmmmm! I can taste the garlic belches already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.