VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my teeth have 2 small dents in them, could this be cuased by a lack of calcium/vit d or anything??

any ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is there a dentist in the house???

do you floss regularly and frequently? you might try a fluoride mouthwash like ACT. Frequent use of that with flossing has supposedly been proven to help rebuild tooth enamel. I think.

Your 2 small dents could be nothing, though.

How often do you go to the dentist? I think they would've told you if you had a prospective problem. Mine said I had worn down enamel on a tooth and the above was his advice.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You really ought to see a dentist about this. That's the only person you should trust with your teeth.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
'Pends on what you mean by a "dent."

And which tooth, where?

Teeth are not supposed to be perfectly flat. Especially young teeth, of young people.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's two teeth to the right of my big teeth...it's like a fang shaped tooth

just two wee small dents, lik pin point holes.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Pin-point holes, esp if they look black inside -- it sounds like they are the start of dental caries. Clean out any goop inside the holes with a dull pin. Sometimes your teeth may be able to arrest the lesion before it progresses to a larger size. Then you'll hardly know that they were ever there. Or they may stay the same size for ages -- in which case you don't really need to have them excavated and filled with epoxy -- or they may start growing -- in which case you should have them excavated and filled before they get too big.

Dental x-rays should show how deep they are. If they are very shallow you can let them go. If they penetrate deeply you should have them excavated before they reach the pulp.

Make sure you pick a good dentist. Many denstist will over-excavate, others will under-excavate. Some will insist on excavating tiny lesions instead of taking a wait-and-see approach.

You should have a dentist check them every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
pleez, pleez, pleez...see a dentist ASAP!! teeth are the easiest thing to neglect...until it's too late. I know I did and now between extractions and partials and fillings i'm looking at over 2.5k in dental bills (not too mention pain and suffering
)..so i know whereof i speak. RUN don't walk to the dentist!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.