VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
saw this on another forum....so messed up. there's a difference between discipline and abuse. he is ENJOYING it and is hitting her as hard as he can. and over something so miniscule? I'd love to see him getting his ass pummeled in jail.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushme View Post

saw this on another forum....so messed up. there's a difference between discipline and abuse. he is ENJOYING it and is hitting her as hard as he can. and over something so miniscule? I'd love to see him getting his ass pummeled in jail.
More than likely, he got his ass pummeled as a kid.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

i did and i enjoyed it.

too bad for the man he will probably get in trouble now because of this little ***** and crazy people
Ira you need some serious help sometimes your views are intense and yet i agree but this is just disgusting and i'm sure you would just love being whipped with a belt right? And you wouldn't complain at all. Do you love videos of men raping their daughters too?

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Ira you need some serious help sometimes your views are intense and yet i agree but this is just disgusting and i'm sure you would just love being whipped with a belt right? And you wouldn't complain at all. Do you love videos of men raping their daughters too?
when you are punished you are not supposed to love it

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Quote:

kids and teens being punished will be yelling no matter what, that doesn't mean it was so bad. and marks, puuuhleeze
Being whipped by a belt is not spanking though i'm not in favor of either this was worse, flogging doesn't look like it would be that bad, yet it breaks the skin makes people bleed and leaves scars.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:

when you are punished you are not supposed to love it
Your impression of an ignorant redneck continues to be flawless. Kudos! It's as if you spent your whole life studying for the role

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Being whipped by a belt is not spanking though i'm not in favor of either this was worse, flogging doesn't look like it would be that bad, yet it breaks the skin makes people bleed and leaves scars.
it isn'y much worse and it doesn't have to break skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Your impression of an ignorant redneck continues to be flawless. Kudos! It's as if you spent your whole life studying for the role
alright

·
Banned
841 Posts
If you're on Facebook, please like this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dont-R...17089511694481

And also, I don't give a **** what anyone says, and I'm normally not someone to come out and say that an anonymous person on the internet has severe issues, but Ira, please recheck your thinking, and that kind of thinking does make you or anyone who actually thinks like that (and I still hope you're kidding) unfit to be a parent. This clearly crosses the line between discipline and abuse.

While I never had cerebral palsy, I was whipped often by my father growing up for things such as wearing shorts to school on a sweltering hot day in a non-airconditioned school when he insisted on me wearing pants. He clearly enjoyed it. I cannot bring myself to watch the video, as I know that it will trigger my PTSD.

Sadly though, it does seem to be very acceptable in states like Texas (I grew up in Tennessee and Indiana, close enough) to use hitting to discipline your kids. During the final days of me living in the US, it was a sickening cycle that I would start to make friends with someone, at age 29 most of my peers would have at least one kid, the kid would have been put to bed but might have needed to get up because they were deprived of attention, scared of nightmares, their room was too hot, whatever, and before being allowed to speak the kid would be screamed at with something along the lines of "Go to bed or you're getting a spanking! 1....2....3...." This and plenty of studies have shown that physical discipline creates MORE behavioral problems! But of course, hit the kid for these behavioral problems, of course it's ok, they're only a child!

Now, I live in Holland, where it is a criminal offense to spank your child. So thankfully, when my boyfriend and I are ready to have kids, we can raise them without being criticized for being bad parents because we believe that hitting children is wrong.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

Sadly though, it does seem to be very acceptable in states like Texas (I grew up in Tennessee and Indiana, close enough) to use hitting to discipline your kids. During the final days of me living in the US, it was a sickening cycle that I would start to make friends with someone, at age 29 most of my peers would have at least one kid, the kid would have been put to bed but might have needed to get up because they were deprived of attention, scared of nightmares, their room was too hot, whatever, and before being allowed to speak the kid would be screamed at with something along the lines of "Go to bed or you're getting a spanking! 1....2....3...." This and plenty of studies have shown that physical discipline creates MORE behavioral problems! But of course, hit the kid for these behavioral problems, of course it's ok, they're only a child!

Now, I live in Holland, where it is a criminal offense to spank your child. So thankfully, when my boyfriend and I are ready to have kids, we can raise them without being criticized for being bad parents because we believe that hitting children is wrong.
For the record, in many places in the US spanking is no longer acceptable. Certainly some people still do it but it's not the norm. I think the data shows that it's about a 50-50 spilt where some people feel spaking is acceptable and others think it's bad.

Count me in the group that feels spanking is wrong.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

For the record, in many places in the US spanking is no longer acceptable. Certainly some people still do it but it's not the norm. I think the data shows that it's about a 50-50 spilt where some people feel spaking is acceptable and others think it's bad.

Good, and it's something that seems like it will become outdated eventually, and hopefully soon! I spent most of my life in what could be considered the hillbilly region, which affects my view quite a bit, I can count the number of people in that area that I've met in my lifetime who feel that spanking is wrong on the fingers of both hands. 4 of those people are my nieces and nephew, who went through the same as I did.
But then again, the majority of people tend to mirror the actions of their parents instead of questioning them, even if those actions are wrong.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Is spanking illegal anywhere in the U.S.?

·
Banned
841 Posts
21 - 40 of 80 Posts