VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
It was best that she didn't say anything at the time because he may have retaliated against her harder if she brought it to the authorities. But by waiting all this time, now he's going to get off pretty much with a slap on the wrist due to the limit of liability. In my opinion, the limit of liability should not be just 5 years. It should be at least 20 years (enough time for the abused person to become an adult and speak on their own).

These matters are such a fine line to walk on. On one hand, you could have a teen exaggerating abuse and an innocent parent getting in trouble they don't deserve. But then you have cases like this where it's obvious that nothing but pure, violent abuse was going on. She was very smart to video tape it. That helps a lot and the world is responding accordingly.

He should be held to the same standards as everyone else. Most jobs will fire employees who post taboo pictures of themselves on Facebook. Well, I think that proof of physically abusing your children is worse than that. What about jail time? Well, I already stated that I think the limit of liability should be 20 or so years, so he should still be accountable for it. Therefore, it should be treated as a large man beating a defenseless 15 year old girl with a leather strap. If a large man beat a girl he didn't know like that, what would be done to him? Whatever it is (and I'm sure the punishment would be very strict), that's exactly what should be done to this guy. It doesn't matter whether she had half of his DNA or not. She is the same as any other girl her age and feels the same kind of pain. Therefore, this guy should suffer the same consequences as if he beat a stranger's daughter. Period.

Lock him up and throw away the key. Or better yet...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts