VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm sure there's a lot of teen vegans here.
I'm Nay and I'm 17. I started being a vegetarian when I was two (I don't know why, I just stopped eating meat and fish and no matter how hard my family would get me to eat it, I'd never eat it) and became vegan 5 months ago.

Oh, and I became vegan because of Gary Yourofsky's speech on veganism.

I really try my best to be vegan... it's hard sometimes (like not giving into cravings) when it comes to finding food to eat when I'm out with friends. I try not to make a big deal if I order pasta and there's a little parmesan cheese on it... I just try to brush it off the best I can; is that okay? I'd seriously lose all of my friends if I made a big fuss about that.

But I haven't ate any meat or dairy at ALL in the past 5 months. I love it. I love trying new foods and I love how I feel. I also love feeling great when everyone tells me that "my diet is going to kill me." LOL @ them.

So yeah, just wanted to say hey

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm not vegan (I use wool to knit and eat cheese on occasion), but my opinion is that we all do the best that we can and/or choose to for our circumstances.

·
Lifelong vegetarian
2,617 Posts
Nice speech. Welcome.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Welcome, Make yourself feel welcome here and congrats on your decision at a young age. You will learn in time . I am not a teen nor a Vegan but, I am learning more and more to live and make Compassionate decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts