VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I'm Beth...I live in Kentucky, and I've been vegan for nearly a year, vegetarian for almost 5. I've recently really gotten into tattoos. I have 2, or 3, depending on how you look at it (I got one then had 2 more added on, one of which goes with the first). I have the logo of my favorite band, Opeth, right below the nape of my neck, and I had the orchids from their first album "Orchid" put with that under the "h." I have a wooden cross with ivy on it on my left shoulder blade. So anyway I really want something that pertains to veganism...I typed up the word in a font I really like, and I'm thinking about having it going down the side of my calf. But I really wanted more than just the word "Vegan" [vegan as a descriptor (adjective to describe me), not meaning a vegan (sounds too cult-ish, no offense
) ].

So does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to go to a website and copy something off a sticker or anything....I'd just like ideas, I guess. The first thing I thought of was having some type of ivy border around it so that it'd match my cross (I love ivy). I was thinking like a border just for 2 corners, one on top and one on bottom, diagonal from each other. But I don't know....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Someone else here siad once they wanted to get the rabbit you see on products that are not tsted on animals or contain animal ingredients

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Welcome, not into tattoos on myself but as art per'se you can get

some amazing detail and such, but I know nothing, I have none.

Welcome anyway... you sure have dedication, despite not wanting

to cultify the word ::VEGAN:: which I guess means you want more than just the font alone, hence the ivy.
Be that as it may, have a good thorough search before going ahead... Cheers.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I like the idea of getting an 83.

What about Ahimsa? Written with some sort of detail...that would be interesting, I think.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I have thought about both of those things....thought, but not considered.....too cliche, you know?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
It's a sanskrit term for Dynamic Harmlessness which I think is used by the official Vegan society in the UK as part of how they define veganism.

I read about it on a website once, but I don't recall where, so please excuse any mistakes. ^_^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhh, well that sounds like it could be cool, but I don't know about anything from the UK...is that where you live?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Oh, no, I'm in the US. This board isn't based in any particular area, either. ^_^

I googled Ahimsa to try to find you some more details since it's been awhile since I read about it, and this was one of the better links I found.

http://www.ahimsa.com/contents.php

ETA: There's some sort of vegan society in the UK that makes all the vegan rules. *g* That's the vegan society I was referring to. ^^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They make all the vegan rules....
haha

I've never stumbled upon that site, surprisingly, but since it's so foreign (to me), I don't think it has the potential to ever become personal enough for me to have it tattooed on my body

Thanks for the link though

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by opeth89

They make all the vegan rules....
haha

I've never stumbled upon that site, surprisingly, but since it's so foreign (to me), I don't think it has the potential to ever become personal enough for me to have it tattooed on my body

Thanks for the link though
Understandable. ^_^

Good luck finding a nice tattoo. I'm more into piercings than tats...I can handle the quick pain of a piercing, but the thought of an hour or more of needles going into my skin just doesn't appeal. ^^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

Understandable. ^_^

Good luck finding a nice tattoo. I'm more into piercings than tats...I can handle the quick pain of a piercing, but the thought of an hour or more of needles going into my skin just doesn't appeal. ^^
It doesn't hurt! I've been "under" the needle for approximately 4 1/2 hours, and I never experienced any pain....it tickled, tingled, and I fell asleep once. And I was severely underweight when I got my first one, across my spine, and that didn't hurt either. I've gained weight since though
Everyone made me

heh but I personally don't like piercings and love tats....what do you have though?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
As of right now, I have the standard one in each lobe, one ring in my upper left cartilage, and I just got an outer conch piercing in my left ear.

I'm planning on doing the same to my right ear, plus a few more cart piercings.

Someday, when I have the buff tummy of my dreams, I shall have a navel piercing. XD

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hmm, how about a nice eggplant or a carrot? It could be a good conversation starter. Like, "Why do you have a vegetable tattooed on your body?"

I'm doing my entire kitchen in an eggplant theme. I don't even like eggplant all that much. I just think they're beautiful. I have a tattoo of a gecko. I did a really goth-looking drawing of a carrot once and considered getting 24 of them tattooed in an arm band (a goth-looking carrot? Yes. A goth-looking carrot.) Now that I'm veg I may go ahead and do it as it would take on a whole other meaning besides just the cool drawing and the bad pun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.