VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hello there.

My names Stuart, and I'm a veg*n.

Been gradually moving to a stricter interpetation for the few years. Used to say I eat lacto-vegetarian, but realised last week I've not actually eaten any cheese (which was the last hold out) for, oh, 3 months - and that I don't particarly want to. So I'm eating a vegan compatable diet.

I'm a PhD student from the Uk, doing chemistry/physics. Other interests include computing [0], sound engineering, pen and paper RPG's. My crafty side perfroms lapidary work.

Anyway, enough blathering from me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Now that's one of the warmest recpetions I've seen on the Web in a long time.

Lapidry work is, indeed, gemstones, borealis. Hobbyists tend to stick to the semi-precious stones (costs reasons!). It's very good for developing patience, taking a long time to do much with them. Worth it in the end though.

And I say vegan-compatible, because I don't fully follow the vegan philosophy, although I must say I hold a lot of respect for those who do. Maybe I will in time. I do, however, not want to dilute that term. I noticed that up here vegan is often taken just to mean dietry vegan, and the rest of the meaning is lost, and I don't want to contribute to that.

Nice to see more UK people around - it's a big internet out there, and too easy to get lost in.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey Syntax. Glad you think we're 'warm welcomers'. It's a very friendly community around here. have a good time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts