2 Tbsp lime juice<br><br>
1 tsp herbal vinegar<br><br>
1 serrano pepper<br><br>
1 clove garlic<br><br>
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves<br><br>
1/2 tsp salt<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Instructions:<br><br>
------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>
In a medium pot, toast the millet with cooking spray over medium-high heat until fragrant and lightly browned. Add two cups water (scant), bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until liquid is absorbed, 20-30 minutes.<br><br><br><br>
Meanwhile, put whole shallots in a toaster oven or under the broiler and toast until the skins are browned and the shallots soft (about 20 minutes).<br><br><br><br>
Chop the veggies and shallots into bite size pieces and mix with the millet.<br><br><br><br>
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth. Mix with the salad to coat everything.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Additional comments:<br><br>
------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>
I made this for a potluck dish. It's also a great main dish. Can be served with the millet still slightly warm, or served chilled later.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've made similar things with quinoa in the past. This was my first time trying millet, and I have to say I think it was the millet that made it special. Quinoa gets kind of fluffy and bland, but the millet tasted really nutty and had a nice texture.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I was just wondering what to do with some millet that we have laying around.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This looks good. I'm afraid I don't know what sweet pickled red cherry peppers are. Where do you suggest I find these or is there an equivalent substitute?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts