VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how i ever missed this show originally, but my friend brought over all the episodes of tales of the city on dvd the other day, and we watched them non- stop, and i absolutely loved it!

wow!

Is there more in the books than what was in the tv series? i was thinking of getting the books if there was.

let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The books are phenomenal. Armistead Maupin isn't the greatest writer stylistically, but he's a very good storyteller. Also, most of the series was serialized in magazines and such before being published as novels, so each chapter ends with a cliff hanger that really keeps you wanting to read more.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Aaah! No!! Not Queer as Folk!! Eeek!

I watched the first season and a few of the second season, but I just go so tired of the whole Justin/Brian thing. It was pretty much all over for me when Ted (I think that's the character's name) got busy in the bondage guy's dungeon.

·
Banned
2,807 Posts
i read the books long time ago, and loved them.. they're awesome!

a couple of years ago i had the chance to watch the series, but didn't have a good first impression. i think it was the clothes. i think i really idolized the characters, b/c i read it when i was so young, and seeing them wearing big flower-print shoulder-padded dresses really put me off.

i definitely recommend the books.. it's a lot more innocent than queer as folk, but somehow it's more interesting too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.