VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live in south Florida, so I'd say that there's a fair amount of vegetarians here, but when I first became a vegetarian I had minimal support from my parents who were initially totally against it, and my friends just considered it a pretty weird and random decision. Honestly, I'd say that some of the best support you'll find is online, like here at Veggieboards or any other site similar to this with likeminded people. I was overwhelmed by the support I received when I first joined this site. Besides that, parents definitely get more supportive over time, especially if you learn to do your own cooking, like some posters above suggested, and if you provide them with lots of good information about veg*nism. Also, when people find out that you're vegetarian, you soon start finding vegetarian people that you didn't even know of before. When I first became a vegetarian, I knew of one girl at my school that was one too, and now I know like ten different veg*n people! I even managed to convert my omni friend to vegetarianism, and my other friend is pescatarian now which isn't optimal but it's a step in the right direction.
Trust me, support will slowly come along!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts