VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,109 Posts
or even soy crumbles (provided you can eat soy). with or without beans, it's really up to the person.

· Premium Member
51,331 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of tacos made with Morningstar Farms griller crumbles. My Mom and boyfriend love them too! I use hard taco shells, lettuce, crumbles, peach mango salsa, and a little Sriracha.

You can find them in the freezer section:

· Registered
29,620 Posts
Lentils make a great base for tacos. Add in onions, peppers, spices...all the normal taco seasonings.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
I just make my old taco recipe but use black beans instead of meat. Other variations: rice and beans. I use grilled tempeh for "fish" tacos (not my idea, I got it from Native Foods restaurant).

Tacos are my favorite food, I wouldn't last as a veg*n if I couldn't find a way to make them veggie.

· Registered
1,672 Posts
I just had tacos yesterday! Nothing fancy, but soo delicious. I used soy crumbles and just cooked them up with taco seasoning like you would with beef, then put it in a taco shell with cheese and salsa and any veggies you like. Delicious! If you do this with soy crumbles though I recommend you measure out a small amount because the packages are too big for one packet of seasoning to flavor properly.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadiosa View Post

I love making tacos/burritos with beans, onion & capsicum. Even got my omni mum & step dad loving that mix instead of beef or chicken
I've seen around here a few people that said they made their tacos with beans for beef and I'm thinking I'm just going to have to try them a whole bunch of ways. lol For once I'm actually excited about cooking.

· Registered
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliz2012 View Post

I've seen around here a few people that said they made their tacos with beans for beef and I'm thinking I'm just going to have to try them a whole bunch of ways. lol For once I'm actually excited about cooking.
I've made this several times and it's really, really good! I basically used it in place of beef and put it in hard shell tacos. Yum! And I think it's a really easy recipe, perfect for someone that is new to cooking.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-b...ng/detail.aspx

· Registered
903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashliz2012 View Post

So I've been without meat for a little over a week I guess and I really haven't had any cravings except for tacos. Any easy (not so great in the kitchen
) and tasty ways to get my taco fix?
I just use a pound of firm tofu from Trader Joe's and the regular store-bought Taco Kit. Firm tofu, when torn apart by hand, crumbles to the same shape as ground meat and has only a slightly softer consistency than meat so you'll barely notice the difference!

In fact, I fed house guests tofu tacos and they didn't even know it was a meat-free dish until afterwards!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBravo View Post

I just use a pound of firm tofu from Trader Joe's and the regular store-bought Taco Kit. Firm tofu, when torn apart by hand, crumbles to the same shape as ground meat and has only a slightly softer consistency than meat so you'll barely notice the difference!

In fact, I fed house guests tofu tacos and they didn't even know it was a meat-free dish until afterwards!
No Trader Joe's here. lol But I'm pretty sure I can find some tofu somewhere.
Definitely want to experiment with it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.