VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yummy! Do you like taboulleh? I'd had it in restaurants but made it for the first time myself this weekend. It was a big hit and I think it will become a favorite summer salad around our house. What do you put in yours?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I use lemon juice, olive oil, cukes, zukes, yellow crookneck squash, red bell pepper, lots of parsley and mint, some salt and white pepper. and bulgar of course...

dice all the veggies real small, and it looks like confetti! so yummy!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's what I put in mine:

bulgar wheat (of course)

green onion

cucumber

tomato

lemon juice

fresh parsley

fresh mint

salt

I didn't put any oil in it and it was so good. We eat it scooped with pieces of pita or just with a fork as a salad. Yum! Yum!

Some of the other veggie ideas sound good...I'll have to add more stuff next time. Keep the ideas/recipes coming!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tabouli is great for summer and we have it a lot. I don't put in mint cos I don't like it much, but I use some minced scallions, chopped tomatoes and some chick peas. We also eat a lot if gazpacho in the summer.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hmmm is bulgar similar to couscous???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bulgar is wheat and in a way it is like couscous. My understanding is that it's cut a certain way to make it cook quick. You just let it sit in a pan after pouring boiling water over it and it's done. I found it in the bulk section at my grocery store.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Texture is similar, but couscous is a tiny, little pasta. I really like it, but my husband says it irritates him cos it want stay on his fork...geeez

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Breezy

my husband says it irritates him cos it want stay on his fork...geeez
that's hilarious.

hmm i just add hot water to couscous too. i'll have to try and find bulgar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.